You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat *sighs* Seriously, there's THIS many people with that much money? Another 360 thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #21
Epinionated.

I'd believe MS over the retailers. They don't actually have any reason to lie, tbh, and it's in their favour to sell units, not screw people over. That'd be insane.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #22
Banned User

Want a picture of an xbox 360? Here's one for $500
Old 12-06-2005, 12:28 AM   #23
Epinionated.

Y'know? I'd buy that. Because that's only £5 more than it costs in this country - around £285 whilst new here they are £279.99.

Quit being so friggin' bitter, it's getting tired. It's not as if you preordered. I did quite early and I'm not THAT pissed off... if it takes until next year, then I don't really care tbh. ATM Amazon are saying they'll honour all preorders before the 2nd of November by Christmas and I've no reason not to believe them.

And if they don't? I get a tenner to spend - if not more, Amazon have thrown money at me for screwing up less in the past. Seeing as I'm buying something so unimportant in my life and have someone so important coming over for that period, then why SHOULD I care.

Still pisses me off they sent the games though.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:39 AM   #24
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Y'know? I'd buy that. Because that's only £5 more than it costs in this country - around £285 whilst new here they are £279.99.
Squaresie you'd buy that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay Posting
You are bidding on an Xbox 360 Premium Bundle Package picture

You can see all of these wonderful things in the picture being sold if you win the auction! Have fun bidding!

Firefox rules
Old 12-06-2005, 01:02 AM   #25
merely human

squaresie

You d00fu5!!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-06-2005, 03:00 AM   #26
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero

Quit being so friggin' bitter, it's getting tired. It's not as if you preordered. I did quite early and I'm not THAT pissed off... if it takes until next year, then I don't really care tbh. ATM Amazon are saying they'll honour all preorders before the 2nd of November by Christmas and I've no reason not to believe them.

And if they don't? I get a tenner to spend - if not more, Amazon have thrown money at me for screwing up less in the past. Seeing as I'm buying something so unimportant in my life and have someone so important coming over for that period, then why SHOULD I care.

Still pisses me off they sent the games though.
What?! What the **** are you talking about? I'm not being bitter, I posted the ****ing thing because it was funny. I'm getting real sick and tired of being accused of shit in these forums.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:56 AM   #27
Schoolgirl From Hell

Ok ppl, quit picking on Tempsie.

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 12-06-2005, 06:59 AM   #28
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
....they post relentlessly on gaming forums about it.

It's weird, isn't it.
(But that's ok).
Old 12-06-2005, 07:07 AM   #29
Schoolgirl From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
It's weird, isn't it.
(But that's ok).
We share because we care

Old 12-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
What?! What the **** are you talking about? I'm not being bitter, I posted the ****ing thing because it was funny. I'm getting real sick and tired of being accused of shit in these forums.

(((Temps)))

Old 12-06-2005, 08:01 AM   #31
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Okay, but in fairness a lot of your posts read as bitter because we can't hear your voice inflection or see your facial expressions, and you rarely use smileys to indicate that you're joking.
Over the past year I've gotten used to the way you express yourself and don't take every word you type as deadly serious, but to someone who doesn't know you, you can sometimes come off as rather, well...angry.
I'm not bitching you out or coming down on you, I'm just pointing out something you might not be aware of.

Share the love.

<3
Old 12-06-2005, 11:09 AM   #32
Schoolgirl From Hell

Tempsie dearie, whether you like it or not, we still love you!

Old 12-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Okay, but in fairness a lot of your posts read as bitter because we can't hear your voice inflection or see your facial expressions, and you rarely use smileys to indicate that you're joking.
Over the past year I've gotten used to the way you express yourself and don't take every word you type as deadly serious, but to someone who doesn't know you, you can sometimes come off as rather, well...angry.
I'm not bitching you out or coming down on you, I'm just pointing out something you might not be aware of.
Listen to da man, Temps. Since you are an aspiring journalists, you should be fully aware of the power of words and that sometimes you need to be careful about how to wield such a powerful weapon. I also thought that you were a punk who doesn't respect anyone at first. It took me a while to get used to your style. Now, you do know that many others and I like you, don't you?

Just because I like you, I present a little gift for ya, anime (manga) style, a cover of my current favorite manga title. Enjoy:

Old 12-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #34
Epinionated.

Quote:
Stop acting like an aggresive twat then! You know me, I like ya boyo. Seriously - WTF do you think you're doing? You REALLY think you can get away talking to me like this? You're a friggin' journalist. Start learning how to write because it's getting harder to know when you're joking about. I'm sorry I got your joke wrong, but jack - I'm your pal, OK? I've never accused you of anything. Take the shit you've got out of that other thread in General and stick it in another bucket, because that's nothing to do with you and me.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #35
merely human

tempsie, we adore you. Now STFU about all this Xbox 360 yapping. We already know how disappointed you are over this and you have our sympathy, but it's not gonna help any more than that if you keep dragging it on. Until you finally get your console there's nothing you can do about it.

Act maturely for chrissakes.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 12-15-2005, 08:21 AM   #36

Apparently, Best Buy store are getting a second shipment of Xbox 360s and they will become available on Sunday. A friend of mine at work told me about it today and tried to talk me into standing in a line at a local Best Buy (he desperately needs one for his 11 year old son). I told him no but you guys (like Tempsie maybe) might be interested in it. Go here to see how many Xbox units your local Best buy will receive.

http://xbox.clambert.org/
Old 12-15-2005, 02:21 PM   #37
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I don't see what the whole next gen hype is about, PCs can practicly do what a Xbox 360 can, you just need a decent PC, like mine.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 12-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #38
merely human

Spitfire, if you really cared about us poor people you'd send me a couple thousand dollars so I can get the latest bleeding edge PC for those games. If not, then please just send me several hundred dollars for an Xbox 360 and a few games.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:40 PM   #39
Epinionated.

Like this 360 I've got hooked up to my monitor?

Heheh. It arrived.

No games on it though yet and I need a cable to hook it up properly to my Scart telly. But there you go!
Old 12-16-2005, 11:59 AM   #40
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Spitfire, if you really cared about us poor people you'd send me a couple thousand dollars so I can get the latest bleeding edge PC for those games. If not, then please just send me several hundred dollars for an Xbox 360 and a few games.

You'll end up paying just as much for a proper TV screen to run the Xbox 360, and the price of video games.

My PC isnt top of the range Alineware, its just good enough to make the latest games look fair enough.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives