You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Do you believe in Karma or fate?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2003, 09:57 AM   #1
Head up in the clouds

Default Do you believe in Karma or fate?

Ok, I'm picking up from Trep's threat "I'd punch Karma if he were a person" (LOL!) and given it more thought in an er, peaceful way - not for the first time of course -
I am probably a fairly religious person but not to an extent where I follow a regular ritual. I still believe in a higher something that guides us or maybe it is even a higher something within us that makes us thrive towards learning from our mistakes and becoming a better ( more loving, more enlightened) person, It's all more of an emphatic thing, as I hate rules and regulations.

For me I guess, it's always in far hindsight that I think things just had to come that way for me to realize things I have to improve or that an angel has been at work. The latter has definitely been the case where meeting Curt is concerned. I mean fancy going to an adventure gamers site for the first time in your life and meeting the person that was meant for you. We'd have never ever met in real life. Birmingham wasn't on my list of holiday resorts planned.

So, sparing you with all the romantic 'crap', have you ever had an experience that made you think that it's got to be Karma or fate or do you rationalize that every "miraculous" happening is just coincidence?
Old 12-06-2003, 10:16 AM   #2

I don't know if it counts, but my boyfriend, who I love like I didn't think it was possible for me to love someone before, saw me fleetingly around 2 1/2 - 3 years ago in the shop where he works and felt an attraction and that he'd like to get to know me; a year ago we met again through some pretty amazing coincidences I can't go into and we've been together the past 5 months. I think that's pretty cool, karma or not.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:17 AM   #3
Liver of Life

I'm not quite sure about what exactly my birth religion says about fate or Karma, but it is my own personal belief that there exists no such thing as fate or destiny. God helps those who help themselves. If you do something, you will reap the consequent reward, good or bad. It was never decided. That given, some people have bad luck, some don't. The former might have been God's way of conveying some message. I'm a young person, I haven't seen much. When I do badly on a test that I thought I did well on, I realize that it's God's way of telling me to work harder. It wasn't decided that I would do badly on said test, it just happened due to my lack of preparation. When I get accepted into said college a few months from now, it wasn't decided that I would study there; it is a reflection of my hard (or not-so-hard) work. It would be against personal principal to blame my failure or attribute my success to the phenomenon of fate. Although, I am quick to thank God for any of the latter, because it was He who helped me to concentrate when I needed to, study when I should have, and succeed when I wanted to.

Just my belief. Feel free to disagree. But please, waive your right to comment on't.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:37 AM   #4
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

I think things are a bit too unfair in this world for me to believe in Karma....

Things happen. I don't really feel I need to think about it any more than that.