View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 10:17 AM   #3
Zygomaticus
Liver of Life

I'm not quite sure about what exactly my birth religion says about fate or Karma, but it is my own personal belief that there exists no such thing as fate or destiny. God helps those who help themselves. If you do something, you will reap the consequent reward, good or bad. It was never decided. That given, some people have bad luck, some don't. The former might have been God's way of conveying some message. I'm a young person, I haven't seen much. When I do badly on a test that I thought I did well on, I realize that it's God's way of telling me to work harder. It wasn't decided that I would do badly on said test, it just happened due to my lack of preparation. When I get accepted into said college a few months from now, it wasn't decided that I would study there; it is a reflection of my hard (or not-so-hard) work. It would be against personal principal to blame my failure or attribute my success to the phenomenon of fate. Although, I am quick to thank God for any of the latter, because it was He who helped me to concentrate when I needed to, study when I should have, and succeed when I wanted to.

Just my belief. Feel free to disagree. But please, waive your right to comment on't.