You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Give me an example! Quick!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2005, 12:31 AM   #21
gin soaked boy

Young Warriors

Quote:
A young woman is gang raped and murdered in a California college town, sparking her brother Kevin to take up arms by night with a gang of like-minded vigilantes from his fraternity, brutally punishing any miscreants they catch in a criminal act. In the meantime, Kevin debates the issue of violent crime in the U.S. with his teachers and others during the day. As Kevin and his gang head toward a final, bloody confrontation with the low-lifes who murdered his sister, other scenes show the difference between his character, now violent, and the normal people he is supposedly protecting.
It's one of the first movies I ever saw, I had nightmares for months.
Spoiler:
It ends with the main character committing suicide.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:20 AM   #22

Straw Dogs is incredible.

But there's another movie in which a mob lynches a guy by burning the jail in which he's wrongly imprisoned. But, well, somehow the all thing turns back against them all. I can't for the life of me remember the title.

Once a Villain, someone?
Old 11-07-2005, 03:58 AM   #23
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4
There was also this movie, which I have not seen, starring Ashley Judd, called Double Jeopardy, I think. She was convicted of killing her husband and sent to prison. When she serves the time and is released, she finds out that he faked his death and framed her for it. So she hunts him down to try to kill him or something, knowing she can't go to punished twice for the same crime. I don't know how it ends, though. Haven't seen it. But that's the gist of it.
I liked Double Jeopardy very much, I've seen it like four times.
Almost as good as Falling Down, almost.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:44 AM   #24
Dungeon Master

Most westerns will do. Like Magnificent Seven (and Seven Samurai, while we are at it), or my beloved High Noon - although whether the hero takes the law in his own hands here is debatable, as he is the law (the sheriff). But the only citizen to stand up against the evil all the same. In similar vein, 12 Angry Men - though, again, Henry Fonda character acts within the law (he is a juror), and must struggle with prejudices, apathy and oportunism of other judges. A stunning film, but maybe not what you are looking for. Hm...

For a wicked example, take John Doe from Seven. He kills to punish the sinners. And admits with a shocking openness that he is a psycho, which doesn't change the fact that he does punish the sinners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
But there's another movie in which a mob lynches a guy by burning the jail in which he's wrongly imprisoned. But, well, somehow the all thing turns back against them all. I can't for the life of me remember the title.
Fury, by Fritz Lang, with Spencer Tracy?
Old 11-07-2005, 07:49 AM   #25
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Speaking of Fritz Lang, one could probably force Metropolis into the desired theme too .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:58 AM   #26
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Speaking of Fritz Lang, one could probably force Metropolis into the desired theme too .
And M ! Again, for a not so positive example. The gangsters of the underworld capture and conduct a "trial" for a child-murderer who terrorizes the city, reckoning that they are allowed to judge him as he is more deranged that they are.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:05 AM   #27
Life and times of...

Well, thanks everyone, got it done!
Old 11-07-2005, 04:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Yep, that's the one.

It's just great, and oh so satisfying...