You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Dentist (aaarrggh)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2005, 06:08 AM   #21
capsized.

Thank you. I'm gonna lock myself in with a few records (Converge's You fail me and the likes), scream my guts out and everything will turn out to be..... hmkay.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:13 AM   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Thank you. I'm gonna lock myself in with a few records (Converge's You fail me and the likes), scream my guts out and everything will turn out to be..... hmkay.
Are they biopsying it? I would hesitate to diagnose a tumor based on x-rays alone. If this is too nosy just slap me and tell me to mind my own business.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:22 AM   #23
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Are they biopsying it? I would hesitate to diagnose a tumor based on x-rays alone. If this is too nosy just slap me and tell me to mind my own business.
Mh, he didn't diagnose anything.... He just saw that weird big "thing" beneath my one tooth (on the x-ray)... and I, too. He wasn't sure what is was, that's why he sent the x-rays to his colleague in the hospital. Although he said it *could* be that it's some kind of tumor. It's weird, because at first the doc's sister examined my teeth. And after the x-rays were done, the doc himself came in. About my molar.. he isn't sure if it can be saved. There are two other teeth that didn't look that well at all. It can't be seen on the outside, but they're apparently damaged where you can't see it. And here's another little extra: There's a wisdom tooth that needs to be pulled out, too! I've already heard horrible stories about this stuff. Yuck!

Last edited by samIamsad; 11-04-2005 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:51 AM   #24
Chris Barraclough

Had a few mates who've had wisdom teeth out, they said it was OK but pretty sore for a few days after so make sure you get some painkillers. Mine haven't come through yet and I kinda hope it stays that way!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 12-06-2005, 06:40 AM   #25
capsized.

^my lil' bro gets them pulled out, too. All (four) of them.

Had my third appointment today. Two *serious*questions:

Why are dentist assistants *always* female?

And why are they so goddamn cute??? Or is it just the white clothing.. mhh..
Old 12-06-2005, 06:52 AM   #26

I hurt pretty badly for a few hours/days after having the two bottom teeth removed. But many people have had the same thing and didn't feel a thing.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:10 AM   #27
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Had my third appointment today. Two *serious*questions:

Why are dentist assistants *always* female?

And why are they so goddamn cute??? Or is it just the white clothing.. mhh..
It must be to take your mind off the nastiness of the experience, although it wouldn't work for women I guess. Maybe they don't squeal and writhe about as much as men do.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 02-06-2007, 02:56 AM   #28
capsized.

Ahhhhh another ancient thread. I got a crown a couple of weeks ago finally, but.. but.. I dunno the colour doesn't seem quite right to me. Too bright and all that, at least it looks like that to me. Do you have a "warranty" for stuff like that? I didn't pay as much as poor Mel does, but it was still quite a lot of money for me, and I want it to be RIGHT, not just okay...
Old 02-06-2007, 05:43 AM   #29
Second Degree Black Belt

Sam-

The crown that you got, is the permanent crown or just them temporary crown until the crown comes in? The temporary crown that I had was bright and shiny white and I was worried about that b/c it didn’t match very well. When the dentist made my crown the outside part that is against my check is enamel but the actual crown its self is medal.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 02-06-2007, 07:21 AM   #30
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I'm having my teeth whitened, which cost more than one might expect ($300 ) and unfortunately, one can't eat or drink for one hour after the half-hour bleach treatment. Which sucks, considering that I do the whitening thing in the morning.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:18 AM   #31
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
The crown that you got, is the permanent crown or just them temporary crown until the crown comes in?

Yes, I already had the temporary crown. The visibility of the brighter colour depends on the position of the light source, naturally. I needed to have the upper molar fixed, the one right next to the incisor, and therefore the one that's the most visible of all molars. For the crown to get a better grip (I assume), the dentist grinded the molar behind that down as well, I've had a filling in that one for about ten years anyway. Meaning that the crown I have is covering two molars instead of the one I needed to have fixed.

Of course, it doesn't help that it's the molar right next to the incisor, since the incisors are usually by far the darkest teeth of em all. I'll talk to her about that the next time I visit the dentist's. And I need to, anyway.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #32
The Major Grubert.

I've been cavity free for a years now... or so I thought! They've got this new device that finds micro cavities. They do it during teeth cleaning to generate more biz.

"Got a couple of visits in yer future there, Mr. Speck!"

But it wasn't always such an easy ride. Due to many circumstances in my life, I've had extractions, bridges, and some bad teeth that needed capping, so my mouth has cost me a lot moolah.

I envy kids these days, getting their teeth all sealed and everything when they're young, totally white and cavity free. Why, I ought'a...
Old 02-07-2007, 07:15 AM   #33
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad View Post
since the incisors are usually by far the darkest teeth of em all.
Maybe she can change the shade depending on the tooth that is next too it.... who knows they can do alot of things with teeth.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky