You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Poets of The Fall, anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
Schoolgirl From Hell

Default Poets of The Fall, anyone?

I fell absolutely in love with "The Late Goodbye" song, the theme from Max Payne 2, and has been trying to collect some other songs from the band. Wish it's easy for me to find the album since I can't make any purchases over the Net. Just out of curiosity, is anybody out there listening to POTF, as well? Heard there's a video to the song, too, but never got to see it

"Or is it I who has penetrated you?"
Old 09-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #2
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Yeah they got a couple of nice songs. Though I'm not one that can be called a fan, I went to see these guys and many other bands at the local rockfestival called Rockperry in July.

They really weren't my cup of tea, mainly because too many screaming teenagers (like more than hundred) were around to spoil the fun of watching the band.

The video is very well done, but I think the video that I've seen is The Lift.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:27 PM   #3
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Now that you mention it, I can't even remember the theme to Max Payne 2. I was too busy shooting people.

mag
Old 09-21-2005, 12:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Yeah they got a couple of nice songs. Though I'm not one that can be called a fan, I went to see these guys and many other bands at the local rockfestival called Rockperry in July.

They really weren't my cup of tea, mainly because too many screaming teenagers (like more than hundred) were around to spoil the fun of watching the band.

The video is very well done, but I think the video that I've seen is The Lift.
Lift is their latest video. Late Goodbye video was floating around the net for a while but none of the links seems to work anymore. I'm personally not into file sharing but that seems to be the only source on the net to get the video now.

Kolzig, where's the love for your country men, guy. Aren't Poets of the Fall a Finnish group?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:47 PM   #5
Schoolgirl From Hell

Does anyone here might have the video?

Old 09-21-2005, 01:00 PM   #6
The Reggienator

@gilly

Yeah, they are from Finland, but that doesn't make me *love* them. Bands that I can love are the likes of Rush and Spock's Beard.

@Mira

I don't have videos of PotF, but if my own computer does indeed come tomorrow from the repairshop, I'll look if I can dig the video up from somewhere. I can't do crap with my dad's laptop right now, except visit AG.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:02 PM   #7
Schoolgirl From Hell

Oh wow Kolzig, thanks a bunch! That'll mean a lot!

Old 09-21-2005, 08:21 PM   #8
SamNMax

Quote:
"The Late Goodbye"
For the win.

Old 09-23-2005, 02:05 PM   #9
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Now that you mention it, I can't even remember the theme to Max Payne 2. I was too busy shooting people.
Late Goodbye is only played at the end with the credits, the actual Max Payne 1 & 2 Themes, which are played mainly with a cello, were made by a guy called Perttu Kivilaakso. I don't know about the theme from MP1, but the one from MP2 can at least be found for free on the official MP2 site. I like it a lot and to my surprise when I was playing Fahrenheit yesterday I noticed that there's some music in it which resembles the MP theme quite a lot. Pleasant surprise indeed.

As for Poets of the Fall, I would call myself a fan. I haven't been to any rock festival to listen to them, but then again I never visit any rock festivals.
I have their CD, Signs of Life, though. All good songs in my opinion.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:24 AM   #10
The Reggienator

I thought the musics for MP1&2 were made by Kärtsy Hatakka? Or is his real name Perttu Kivilaakso?

Old 09-24-2005, 04:35 AM   #11
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
I thought the musics for MP1&2 were made by Kärtsy Hatakka? Or is his real name Perttu Kivilaakso?
I looked it up on Mobygames and they are both credited (under "Additional credits"), Kivilaakso for the cello and Hatakka and a guy called Kimmo Kajasto for composing, arranging and performing the music, so I guess we were both right.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #12
The Reggienator

Check your PM, Mira.

« Depressed | Rain!!! »