You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures New game "Realms of Darkness" in the works! screenshots inside

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 08:02 AM   #1

Default New game "Realms of Darkness" in the works! screenshots inside

Hey everybody! I'm just announcing the project I'm working on. It is a new AGS game, with the working title "Realm of Darkness". Work is somewhere between 30 and 40% complete...

Here are a couple of screenshots:

This shows a bit of the exterior of the cabin that the adventure begins in. You can see the surrounding forest as well.

The kitchen of the cabin.

These ruins lead to an epic underground mystery.

The game will be a traditional Sierra style game, 320x200x256, with character sprites that look like Sierra's as well. The game will be a horror/thriller type a bit like the first Gabriel Knight, with a twist ending in the grand tradition of movies like Sixth Sense.

CURRENTLY: I'm looking for someone who feels they could be discreet and play through the current build of the game (comprised of about the first 1/3) and offer puzzle ideas based on what they see. I'm having the most trouble writing puzzles for this first part of the game...acts 2 and 3 have lots of good puzzle opportunities, but act 1 has me stumped. If you think you could help, and would enjoy playing through a game in production, let me know! I will email you the build (5.7 megs).

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Let me know what you think of the screenshots, too!

Yours,
Trisk
Old 09-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #2

Hey everyone! This is just a quick update to let anybody who is interested know more about Realm of Darkness!

First of all, Realm of Darkness was ALWAYS a working title, and has been changed to Prodigal. The game is actually in Alpha now...complete from beginning to end! Our testers LOVED it, and bug cleaning has been going along at a decent clip. With any luck it won't be too long before the game hits beta!

Want to test the game out? surf over to

prodigal.lilgryphmaster.com

and download the TANGENTIAL minigame Prodigal 0! Comprised of 1 puzzle and a taste of the atmosphere of the upcoming game, you'll learn some things that the game will gloss over if you play it!

The website will be updated regularly as well to keep you up to date on the game's progress!

Take care all!
Trisk
Old 09-13-2005, 08:33 PM   #3
Psycho Game Maker

Looks good Trisk, Let us know when it is done .
Mikes Room
Old 11-09-2005, 06:42 AM   #4

Hi,

I downloaded the complete version (full)

I recommend this be added in the underground area,
Old 11-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #5

Default Prodigal has been released!

Prodigal has been released! You can download it from

prodigal.lilgryphmaster.com

Anyone who loves the old Sierra games, especially the Gabriel Knight games, should check it out!

Drop me a line to let me know what you think, and spread the word about the game!

real_trisk[at]yahoo[dot]com

Thanks!
Trisk