You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Himalaya Studios' first game announced

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2004, 09:47 AM   #1
fov
Rattenmonster

Default Himalaya Studios' first game announced

I was psyched to see this news item! I have been waiting for these guys to do an original game for a long time. The screenshots look great, too.

I think the team has proven what they're capable of with the KQ remakes (and the upcoming QfG2!) and I'm so glad to see they're going on to do what they always said they'd do... original games.

emily
Old 10-28-2004, 10:18 AM   #2
guybrush_guy

I've known about this for a wile, i read about it on some other forum. but thanks for the update! i didn't know that there were screen shot available. i think it's cool that their using 3D caricatures in a cartoony 2D background.

Old 10-28-2004, 10:20 AM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

The screenshots actually remind me a little of the art in KQ7 and Torin's Passage...
Old 10-28-2004, 11:25 AM   #4
Dread Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
The screenshots actually remind me a little of the art in KQ7 and Torin's Passage...
Yep, this is really exciting! I'm looking forward to it too.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:12 PM   #5
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

They initially announced the formation of Himalaya Studios something like a year and a half ago, but revealed almost no details about what their first project would be. After about 6 months their site seemed to be dead. I visited the site about a month ago, wondering if there was any news, and there was no content, new or otherwise, to be seen. Then a few weeks later I saw their publicity thread on the AGS forums, and their all-new site design (with details about their game!). Way to keep us in suspense, guys
Old 10-28-2004, 05:00 PM   #6

I am very intrigued about this game, even more so than Wanted: A Wild Western Adventure. Why? Becuase the game is a Western, and you get to play a Middle-Aged Character, and that sounds very refreshing and original to me. I liked the screenshots, too, they almost looked like 2D Quality.

This is definitely a game that I'm looking forward to playing, and I hope to learn some more news about this soon.

Btw, it's been years since I played Faust, and that game featured a Middle-aged Black man who was the lead hero. So, please don't tell me about any other games that feature a middle-aged Character. I already know about one certain game, thank you.