You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Guest for Glory: So you want to be a hero

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2004, 11:29 PM   #1

Default Guest for Glory: So you want to be a hero

Hey, I don't know if you guys know about this at all but I thought Quest for Glory fan's might be interested, that someone remade the game using the Neverwinter Nights Engine, you need the game play this "mod" but for those longing to relieve Quest for glory on today's comp, this just might be the thing for you, here's the link http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...95545764.shtml

As the talk show radio caller says " Long time listener, first time caller", " long time viewer, first time poster"
Old 10-27-2004, 12:14 AM   #2
guybrush_guy

wow, thats realy cool..to bad i dont own the game

Old 10-30-2004, 10:04 AM   #3

Yeah, it's pretty sweet, the character portraits in the NWN module are the character potraits from the sierra quest for glory. The guy appears to be making the whole series as he's currently working on the qfg 2
Old 10-31-2004, 09:57 PM   #4
Retirement is stupid

I knew that Neverwinter Nights had the potential for this sort of awesome modding--that's why I was so vocal about it being so far superior to its contemporary Morrowind. In any case, it's nice to see the potential being realized in a way adventure gamers can relate to. Thanks for letting us know about this!

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 10-31-2004, 10:29 PM   #5
guybrush_guy

are there any screenshots of this? i've looked over the site and only found the one at the top of the page.

Old 11-01-2004, 12:45 AM   #6
Babbling as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
are there any screenshots of this? i've looked over the site and only found the one at the top of the page.
I haven't found any, either. I don't have my copy of NWN with me, though, so I can't play the module. Drat!
Old 11-01-2004, 04:31 PM   #7

Hey, I've uploaded a screenshot to my geocities account if u guys want to take a look hopefully it helps, I might add more later.

http://www.geocities.com/alex_berry77/NWN0000.jpg
Old 11-01-2004, 04:40 PM   #8
guybrush_guy

cool, thanx

Old 11-01-2004, 04:56 PM   #9
fov
Rattenmonster

Eeek! The hero looks rather... spindly.

It is still a neat concept. Does being in the NWN engine change the gameplay? I mean, I see in that screenshot that Otto is "uninjured" - in the original game, Otto is not someone you could fight with. Could you fight with him just for the hell of it in this mod? Or is this just an artifact of the engine?

(I have never played NWN, so forgive me if it's a stupid question...)

emily
Old 11-01-2004, 04:59 PM   #10

The hero can be whatever u want it to look like, i just happened to pick that person. In the game they *can* make it impossible to kill otto, i don't know if they did or not, since i never tried to attack him