You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2004, 12:16 PM   #1

Default Doctor Who 2D Adventure

Hey Everyone,

I Want to desperatly try and create a Doctor Who 2D adventure now i have story, i have the locations i have the puzzles but the only problem is i need a team.
I am open to offers from anyone to join just leave a reply and state the position you would like eg(artwork,programmer)
Just incase you doubt my skills as a story writer iam also open to ideas in that position.
Cheers to everyone who takes interest.
P.s i would appreciate replys that help me not take the mick or say theres no point in doing this
Thanks Again.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:08 PM   #2

I think Doctor Who is probably one of the best untapped franchise for games but I doubt that anyone will be willing to help develop a game. You may have great plans and ideas for a game but the one thing you really need is permission from the BBC. Without it, chances are that the BBC will issue a cease and desist when they find out a game is in development.

If you choose to continue, I would recommend you try prototyping your game design in one free development systems. That way you have something to show people to interest them in making the game.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:14 AM   #3
8-Bit Spritemaster™

It isn't just Dr. Who. I mean Red Dwarf would make for a pretty keen adventure game.

But then again, its a question of permission & rights.

Sky Warrior Bob
Old 05-31-2004, 10:46 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to DaveGilbert Send a message via MSN to DaveGilbert Send a message via Yahoo to DaveGilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Warrior Bob
It isn't just Dr. Who. I mean Red Dwarf would make for a pretty keen adventure game.

But then again, its a question of permission & rights.

Sky Warrior Bob
I remember playing a freeware Red Dwarf adventure game around 1999 or so. I don't remember it very well, but it wasn't terribly memorable. I remember that you play Lister, and the rest of the posse was kidnapped by someone, and you had to go after them. There was a bit where you actually had to fiddle with your PC's clock in order to solve a puzzle, which wasn't very fair in my opinion. I remember having fun with the last segment , where you play a shrunken-down Rimmer trying to escape from Lister's pockets! The rest of the game was kind of bleh, though. I'm sure it's buried on the 'net somewhere.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:26 AM   #5
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

There was a time when making a Doctor Who fan game would get your bespectacled self onto BBC local news, but I fear those days are long gone, along with the rest of the 1980s. :~

A Doctor Who adventure game would be great though - maybe BBC Multimedia or whatever they're called have something along those lines planned for the new series? We can hope... also, I'll have to check out that Red Dwarf game, it sounds pretty amusing!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:02 AM   #6
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
A Doctor Who adventure game would be great though - maybe BBC Multimedia or whatever they're called have something along those lines planned for the new series?
Nah, they'd only make a shite 3D platform game...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 06-27-2004, 02:53 AM   #7

Yes!A kindred spirit!I too have recently begun obsessing about the potential coolness of a Doctor Who adventure, and have mentally drawn up my own project, which I have christened "Doctor Who and the Mind Robber".(As you've probably guessed it's an adaption of the 1968 serial "The Mind Robber" by Peter Ling)

Unfortuantly I have no programming experience, and my ideas for making graphics may well be entirely unfeasible.In the meantime I'd love to help you however I can.

As I said I can't program, but I can draw and I have a scanner. My style might be a bit too cartoonish but I'll show you some samples if I can get my scanner working.In the meantime I can help with writing wherever it's needing, and if you plan to make a talkie I can do voices.(I do reasonable impressions of the 2nd Doctor, the 3rd Doctor, the 5th Doctor, the Brig, Jamie, and probably others if I try.)

Out of curiosity which Doctor will the story feature?My project was going to feature Doctor #2 (my favourite! )
Old 06-27-2004, 03:43 AM   #8
8-Bit Spritemaster™

Instead of a full-blown game devoted to Dr. Who, maybe a certain Dr. Whom could be introduced into a Reality on the Norm adventure?

Sky Warrior Bob