You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Life Flashes By - support my newest game-in-progress!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky
Default Life Flashes By - support my newest game-in-progress!

Hey everyone! Some of you have already been made aware of this via Twitter and/or my blog, but for those of you who haven't, I'm working on a new adventure game! It's called Life Flashes By and it's about a novelist who has a near-death experience.

Charlotte Barclay, a novelist of moderate success, one day finds herself in a car accident while on her way to the next leg of her book tour. She then wakes up in the hazy world of her own memories and, accompanied by an impish pixie-like creature called Trevin, finds herself whisked away on a whirlwind journey to relive various vignettes of her life so far. In doing so, Charlotte attempts to make sense of who she is and who she's become, as well as who she could have been had she done things differently.

Life Flashes By is (or rather, will be) a 2D cartoon point-and-click adventure game about success and failure in following one's dreams, about finding love and losing it, and about feeling isolated and out of step with the rest of the world. It is a story that is at times clever and fun and at times melancholy and introspective. Most notably of all, however, it is a story best told non-linearly, which lends itself uniquely to the interactive nature of games. As a player, you won't just be watching a plot unfold, you'll be shaping and affecting it in a way unique to you alone.

I'm hoping to have the game finished by about November 2010, but in the meantime, since it's easily the most involved project I've decided to work on in quite some time, I'm seeking to have it funded in some small way. I have a Kickstarter page set up for folks to pledge donations, so if you've enjoyed my previous work, or simply are intrigued enough by the premise that you'd like to see this game brought to life, I encourage you to back the project if you're able to! (There are some lovely rewards involved, ranging from a postcard expressing my gratitude to a small Flash game I'll write just for you.)

Meanwhile, stay tuned for more updates as they come...
Old 10-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Stalker of Britain

Squinky; it looks lovely! The premise sounds really interesting!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes