You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #21

I like...
Six Days a Sacrifice
Missing Since Midnight
Old 07-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #22
Stalker of Britain

Our very own Squinky has a wonderful game I like, "The Game That Takes Place on a Cruise Ship" that has very broad locations and multiple endings. And I liked one called "Beauties and Beasts" about Beauty pagents.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 07-06-2009, 05:53 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
Btw the creator of these games - Mark Darin - is one of the writers/designers of Tales of Monkey Island.
Yeah, I knew he was part of Telltale. Personally I wish they'd make a full Nick Bounty than a rehash of an age old VG franchise. I think that by Telltale focusing on making games based on established franchises they've undermind their own talent.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:29 AM   #24
Failed Birthday Elf

Also must recommend the Barn Runner games - a bit rude but very funny.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:49 AM   #25
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
Yeah, I knew he was part of Telltale. Personally I wish they'd make a full Nick Bounty than a rehash of an age old VG franchise. I think that by Telltale focusing on making games based on established franchises they've undermind their own talent.
You know, I've recently created a demo for an adventure game based on my own IP and it's really difficult to get people to notice it. It makes me wonder if it wouldn't be a better move to first create an Indiana Jones game or something. Anyway, from the business standpoint tried IPs are the thing that may decide if a company will be able to sell enough copies of their games or not. However, in the future I can see Telltale delivering completely original games. Especially now, after producing the new Monkey Island sequel.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
You know, I've recently created a demo for an adventure game based on my own IP and it's really difficult to get people to notice it. It makes me wonder if it wouldn't be a better move to first create an Indiana Jones game or something. Anyway, from the business standpoint tried IPs are the thing that may decide if a company will be able to sell enough copies of their games or not. However, in the future I can see Telltale delivering completely original games. Especially now, after producing the new Monkey Island sequel.
I guess you've got a point there. I just hope that Telltale do make some original titles in the near future.

Back on topic, just checked out the links on your post Ascovel. Downloading the demo for your game now.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:00 AM   #27
Cake Maniac

This one about/co-written by adventure legend Tim Schafer is cool, though a bit tough:

http://www.doublefine.com/news.php/m...es/Host_Master
Old 07-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #28

This one is really good.It's called "Mornigstar" and you can find it here.
http://www.bubblebox.com/play/adventure/1362.htm
Old 07-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #29
LA-S-LE

Ah, who remember now the wonderful Larry Vales series that, among others, started the AGS stream.. Also Apprentice series, Pleurghburg and Other Worlds are among AGS classics.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:50 AM   #30

This is great! I didn't know there were so many people actually doing this kind of thing. Will have to check them out. Too bad my summer vacation is already over. Luckily I still have a week left in September.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 07-30-2009, 03:53 AM   #31

"The Flight of the Amazon" Queen is an nineties-oldie, obviously inspired by Indiana Jones. Originally a commercial release, you can now download it for free from the scummvm website (and a few more freebies). Not quite a classic, it's still enjoyable.

There is some freebie fan-made remakes/sequels that's also worth checking out. AGDInteractives remakes of Kings Quest I and II (There is also another team that made a remake of KQIII) and Quest for Glory 2 has already been mentioned in this thread. Worth playing is the sequels Broken Sword 2.5 and Zak McKracken: Between Time and Space.