You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Surprise! I’ve written another game!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky
Default Surprise! I’ve written another game!

I know, I know, it’s been so soon since the last one’s been released, but I now have a new game-like thing up for download! It’s called “Pigeons in the Park”, and it essentially consists of two strangers having a conversation on a park bench. It’s very short, along the lines of “When We Were Kids”, but completely puzzleless. And it’s incredibly cute, if I do say so myself. Download!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:28 AM   #2

That was pretty cool actually. Lol, and that girl who though he was asking her out, when he was just being polite.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #3
JKR

Awesome, as now usual!

Obviously I see what you were going for, but I think it would improve the overall interaction and experience a ton if you did something even so subtle as to have the eyes shift towards the other person when they are talking directly to them, rather than always forward. And a step further, having the mouths be happy or plain when appropriate would add a lot to the feeling of the game. It isn't needed, I just thought I'd toss out a suggestion with my post.

Either way, it was very interesting and fun to go through a bunch of times. By the end I was trying my best to see if there was an "ending" where the girl would accept a potential date. Maybe I'll go back later and see what the "worst" ending could be... (What I perceive as worst, of course, since I think the point you're making is that it's all how you look at things...)
Old 11-25-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I was thinking of doing facial expressions before, actually (and changing camera angles and stuff; this was originally going to be a 3D game, as I mentioned on my blog), but wound up not really having time for them; final exams are coming up soon and all. Just wanted to get the concept out there, because I'm in an experimental phase.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to KFMN

A fun little thing, but very rough on the edges, could have needed more polish, but a good concept, I think you should continue with something else in the style of this.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:23 AM   #6

fun little game... good for a rainy day when you are bored