You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #1

Default Fedora Spade

I just finished the third installment of Fedora Spade and was pondering about whether or not I should post about the Fedora Spade games here. The interface is pretty unconventional as far as adventure games go. The games use a menu-driven interface utilized in old NES adventure games such as "Princess Tomato in Salad Kingdom" (hence the name "Tomato engine"), and as you can probably tell by the screenshots, the visual of the game relies heavily on NES aesthetics (although I didn't exactly follow the "rules" too closely.)

Anyway, Fedora Spade is a noir (okay, I use the term "noir" in the loosest sense. The games are heavily influenced by the Tex Murphy games.) You play Fedora Spade, a homicide detective who was once the ace detective of the homicide unit but was left as a broken, down-to-his-luck detective due to his failure to solve a certain case in the past. There are usually two phases to the game (except for the first game, which puts you straight into the interrogation phase) , the investigation phase where you get to wander around gathering evidence, and the finale, the interrogation phase, the part where you get to match wits with the suspect. If you've played the Phoenix Wright series before, the interrogation part will feel pretty familiar. You have to point out the contradictions in the suspect's statements by relying on the evidence at hand.

Anyway, you can find the screenshots of the game here:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/window...ue/screenshots

And you can download the game here:
http://studioeres.com/games/fedora

Let me know what you think of the game .

P.S. The game won't run on a Vista computer.

Orchard,
Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 AM   #2
Freeware Co-ordinator

Has an interesting look. I shall have to give it a try when I have a bit of spare time.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree