You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures CircumReality pre-release 2 - Multiplayer interactive fiction

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #1

Default CircumReality pre-release 2 - Multiplayer interactive fiction

A few months ago I posted an early release of CircumReality.

I just finished my first lot of content for CircumReality. You might find the content interesting because it's about interacting with the NPCs. My guestimate is that there is around 30-60 minutes of intentionally-easy content, although I could be far off; Not only haven't I written content for over 20 years, but this type of gameplay is "new" and there aren't any easy-to-copy templates for it, so I've been making things up as I go.

Please download and try www.CircumReality.com . I'd like to hear your comments about the gameplay because I'm not sure how well it works. Bits that need to be improved, scrapped, etc. would also help.

After playing it myself, I find that of all the games I've played, it reminds me most of Infocom's Deadline (so much for "new"), because of all the NPCs wandering about. There isn't any murder though. Next most similar is Oblivion's cities/towns, where NPCs wander around and talk with each other. Throw in a bit of MMORPG, text-MUD, Myst, CRPG, and CYOA. It's kind of different. Is it good enough? I don't know.

I will try to be online and hanging out to the room just north of the entry room (just north of the southern pier). You can ask me questions, try out voice chat, and/or tell me about problems you're having with the game:
- For east coast US, that will be Tues (and maybe Wed) in the evening.
- For west coast US, that will be Tues (and maybe Wed) in the late afternoon/evening.
- In Australia, that's Wed (and maybe Thurs) in the morning.

Thanks

Old 06-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #2

I just uploaded a new version of CircumReality that generated lower-res images by default... which means that it works much better on a single-core 512MB computer.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
Psycho Game Maker

is it windows base?
Or will it play on my Mac?
Mikes Room
Old 06-15-2007, 09:54 PM   #4

Sorry, Windows only.

The last time I posted, some people tried it on Linux with Wine, but it crashed. I reported a bug to wine, but haven't followed it up.