You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #1

Default Flash adventures for Wii?

Just a general thread on the subject. Nintendo just recently released the final version of the "Internet Channel," an Opera browser for the Wii system. The Wii remote pointer functions as a mouse, allowing some flash games to be playable. A lot of flash games don't work on the Wii, because the browser only supports Flash 7, there is no keyboard, and there seems to be some sort of memory limitation as well, but plenty of mouse-only games do work.

Since point-and-click adventures tend not to require much more than the mouse, what are some good Flash 7 adventure games that don't require keyboard controls? A lot of games now require Flash 8, which is sad.

If anyone is thinking of making a flash game that they'd like to have playable on the Wii, WiiCade.com has an API that allows the Wii remote's buttons to be used as keys. Feel free to join the forums if you're curious about it.

I'm just interested because point-and-click adventures tend to be some of my favorite games, and it seems like they'd fit perfectly on a pointer-based game system.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:28 AM   #2

My in development game, Nearly Departed, which is Flash based, unfortunately won't play on the Wii because the Wii actually leaves very little memory left for any content loaded by the browser.