You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming AG Underground - Freeware Adventures Concept Art for GK Tribute Complete...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2004, 12:07 PM   #1

Default Concept Art for GK Tribute Complete...

Although I'm not going to sell this CD, obviously, I will burn a few copies from friends and family to see if they like it...

Below is the concept artwork for the "Music Disc"... My idea is to have a 2-CD set with the 1st being just the score, and the 2nd being the video montage (probably the high quality quicktime file, although the compressed WMV doesn't look too bad, it just sounds poor...). I was inspired by talking to two of my art history professors; after mentioning the concept, both seemed interested ("because of the way I put it") and one of them mentioned that a concept album might be a good idea, so I figured, why not...

The text on this is hard to read, but I have a black and white laserjet printer, so it looks good when printed out.

Comment below if ya feel the need to.
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2004, 12:45 PM   #2
Under pressure.

WMV? Jeez, man! Use DivX or xVid in combination with MP3 or OGG for crying out loud. Excellent quality in visuals AND audio.

Oops, I just noticed that you also encoded it in DivX. So, uh... Forget what I've said. I didn't say anything

--Erwin

Last edited by Erwin_Br; 01-25-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:59 PM   #3

It's funny...

The WMV file is converted from an AVI that is converted from a QT MOV file, so sound loss is to be expected!

What do you think of the design I came up with for the "cover"?

I plan to set up a GK Tribute web page and I'm still scrounging around for web space... My college gives us 100 + MEGS worth of space, but to access it, it gets very convoluted-- I'll have to talk to some tech people to see why the "Proprietary Easy-to-Use FTP" program doesn't work and I'm having problems logging onto the server...

Also, I was wondering what you thought of the Audio Excerpt I posted earlier? It got a lot of views, but no posts... Ah, well.