You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2006, 02:49 AM   #1

Default Looking to create a game

Hello everyone, I am looking for a program a lot like the one used for the elder scrolls, so that I can make the game fluent. The thought is to create an adventure game with a lot of puzzles and conversations, where you can put your own music into it and also design things as you go along. I would really be thankful if you helped me out a bit or even told me how to make my own software. You can call me noob for basically I am but it's an old dream of mine. So any help would be well taken. Also if there are any professionals here who have had some experience with making games that can either lend me a hand or give me some advise I would be grateful.

Wait I am not done yet. What engine is there where you can design new objects and make your own codes. Better yet how do I make one of those and if I can can anyone here help me with it.

Last edited by The_Returned; 12-14-2006 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:05 AM   #2

Default How to make a video game...

Well the first thing you need is to get experience in coding. Do you have any? Cause if not you're a looong way from designing even the most basic adventure game. Actually video games are very complex pieces of software, and coding a video game isn't more entertaining than coding any other kind of software.

To take up programming, Start with HTML, then switch to Java Script and Java. You can design some pretty decent stuff with Java.
But believe me, programming is no easy task, so I'd advise you to buy a book for Java and learn how to code. And make sure you have LOTS of patience, cause believe me you'll need it.