You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure ICO is pretty much a straight up adventure game experience.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2005, 02:14 AM   #21
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Really, the way your ststement reads is just another jab at AGs that follow the traditional formula. Enough already.

*tries to cheer gilly up*

By making his little statement here, he just wanted to express that Ico wouldn't have been a better game, if it featured magically glued to fixed places NPCs, huge amounts of non-relevant, non-skippable dialogue options, "static" puzzle-cutscene-puzzle narrative and if it was designed in 2D. At least I think he did.

Last edited by samIamsad; 08-16-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue
OnEscapee,
There's a game I forgot about! Remember playing the demo when younger and being really freaked out by the giant spider...
Old 09-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #23

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

I've heard so many great comments on the game over the years, but sadly I never got a chance to play it since it's only on PS2.

Last edited by Legolas813; 09-09-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #24
merely human

So what's stopping you from renting the game and a PS2 for a few days?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-09-2005, 04:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
So what's stopping you from renting the game and a PS2 for a few days?
I wouldn't rent a console just for one game. Besides, I can barely afford to rent/buy half the games I want to play (well I can but it would be wise to save the money for other things). I am a college student after all. I wouldn't spend money to rent a console. And anyways, I dislike Sony and the PS2 (but that's a different story). Anything that's not on Xbox I usually don't play, unless it's a PC adventure with very low PC system requirements.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #26
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
I wouldn't rent a console just for one game. Besides, I can barely afford to rent/buy half the games I want to play (well I can but it would be wise to save the money for other things). I am a college student after all. I wouldn't spend money to rent a console. And anyways, I dislike Sony and the PS2 (but that's a different story).
Excuses, excuses. You're obviously intrigued, so why deny?

Quote:
As you know, I'm an Xbox fanboy.
And.....?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-09-2005, 04:50 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Excuses, excuses. You're obviously intrigued, so why deny?

And.....?
I don't want to start an argument. Return to your ICO talk.

Last edited by Legolas813; 09-09-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:04 PM   #28

Send a message via ICQ to thesleepless Send a message via MSN to thesleepless Send a message via Yahoo to thesleepless

definatly one of my favourite games, i love the interaction and how they cannot communicate in the same language yet there is still so much body language

a completely beautiful experience,

Another World (out of this world) is very similar to this game, while it has fighting its more of a puzzle, and is more like firing your gun in police quest than in a platform game, its hard to find sequel "Heart of the Alien" is also great, it was only on mega CD though, i think i must be the only person who has one of those

minimalism is a beautiful thing
Old 09-09-2005, 05:33 PM   #29
merely human

Keep talking, guys. Legsie's reading.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:45 PM   #30
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Legolas - where in Florida are you? Are you anywhere near me? If we weren't too far away, maybe you could borrow mine. (PS2 and ICO)

Lynsie
Old 09-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #31
merely human

Thanks, Lynsie. Now Legsie has definitely run out of excuses.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #32

Well when I'm not going to school I live in Tampa, but when I'm going to school (like now) I live in Orlando. Thanks for the offer, but I would never ask that much of someone. It's not that big of a deal.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:53 PM   #33
Magic Wand Waver

Maybe when you go home for Christmas or Thanksgiving break we could get together and I'll let you borrow it. Tampa's only about 65 miles away.

Lynsie
Old 09-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairygdmther
Maybe when you go home for Christmas or Thanksgiving break we could get together and I'll let you borrow it. Tampa's only about 65 miles away.

Lynsie
That's quite all right. First of all, I can't even imagine ever letting a total stranger borrow a console from me. Second, no game is important enough to go out of your way for, IMO. You are all very generous, but like I've said, people here tend to over exaggerate things. All I said was that I've heard good things about the game and never had a chance to play it. I have little to no desire to actually find a way to play it. If you're actually serious, thank you, but no thanks. I can live without it.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:01 PM   #35
capsized.

Pfff, if Lego doesn't want to come... I'll be there in a jiffy!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:07 PM   #36
Magic Wand Waver

Legolas, I am a trusting person, but over the years I've learned to go with my gut response. It's never failed me yet. I trust you, and my offer is serious. I'm offering this to you because this game is so unique that I would like everyone to play it. Our descriptions don't do it justice. It really needs to be experienced. If you'd still rather not, that's okay, but I don't have any problems with lending it to you.

Lynsie
Old 09-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #37
Magic Wand Waver

Sam, hon, it's an awfully long way from Germany to Florida, sigh... But you know I would lend it to you if I could.

Lynsie
Old 09-09-2005, 06:19 PM   #38
capsized.

Well, I heard some Austrian has made it really big in Florida. So, never say never.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:51 PM   #39

Send a message via AIM to fishcube

got to play a portion of ICO a few years back. Loved it. Are they coming out with this on PC? or possibly Xbox 360?

Sharon
Old 09-16-2005, 03:58 PM   #40
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcube
got to play a portion of ICO a few years back. Loved it. Are they coming out with this on PC? or possibly Xbox 360?
Never. ICO (and its spiritual successor Shadow Of The Colossus) is exclusive to the Playstation2.