You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure BS3 PAL (Aussie) release date

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2003, 06:17 PM   #1
Dr Uberman

Default BS3 PAL (Aussie) release date

Anyone here know when BS3 will be released on PC in Oz? Or XBox for that matter? Dying for some news on the release. Cheers.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:04 AM   #2

Looks like bs3 was released today (21st Nov) over here in Sydney that is.

www.gamesmarket.com.au has it in stock, so i suppose other retailers have it by now.

This includes the pc and xbox versions.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:38 PM   #3
Dr Uberman

Thanks. I rang EB yesterday but they said there wasn't a release date for the PC version. They also have no idea about a Runaway release or basically any other adventure game. They are teh suq.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:30 PM   #4

Thats very odd, I bought my copy of runaway from EB just over a month ago.

great game.

EB are really odd. This behaviour isn't new though, in the past whenever I would ask them about the release date of a game, they would usually say they didn't have a clue (they hadn't even heard of escape from monkey island or the longest journey), and when I showed up to their store a week later - there it was.

These people really need better management.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:12 PM   #5
Yog

www.gameswarehouse.com.au has a lot more Adventure games than Games Market, prices are around the same. I had to "back order" Black Mirror and that arrived, at my door, within a week. BS3 is supposed to be shipped Monday/Tuesday. Runaway was in the local EB store but I bought it from Games Warehouse long before it appeared on the store shelves. Have enquired about Journey to the Centre of the Earth ...... nobody seems to know about it, yet.
Old 11-20-2003, 11:36 PM   #6
Dr Uberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimYetCheerful
Thats very odd, I bought my copy of runaway from EB just over a month ago.

great game.

EB are really odd. This behaviour isn't new though, in the past whenever I would ask them about the release date of a game, they would usually say they didn't have a clue (they hadn't even heard of escape from monkey island or the longest journey), and when I showed up to their store a week later - there it was.

These people really need better management.
They also need staff who know games. It seems like all they know are the big releases on XBox and PS2. I mean, surely it's not too much to ask to know about the latest in one of the best PC games series in history. They should all be forced to read IGN and the other games sites for homework, so as not to piss me off with their threadbare knowledge of games.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:09 AM   #7
Yog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burge
They also need staff who know games. It seems like all they know are the big releases on XBox and PS2. I mean, surely it's not too much to ask to know about the latest in one of the best PC games series in history. They should all be forced to read IGN and the other games sites for homework, so as not to piss me off with their threadbare knowledge of games.
In Oz we all have the same problem. That's why I use the online sites, at least they WILL order a game you want if you give them the name and details. The EB Store "buyers" haven't a clue, although if you wander in enough and ASK numerous times, they might get the message that not everyone plays console games. I have missed out on so many new Adventure Games because the stores just don't think "anyone" will buy them. That's why I started buying online ...... now I can get what PC games I want, delivered to my door tomorrow morning. You call always sell them again on Ebay, if you wish, for a lot more than they originally cost you.