You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy demo (spoilers in thread)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2005, 03:54 AM   #41

This is awesome.Very immersive once you get the hang of the controls. Its like it has an extra dimension of gameplay by really putting you into a scene and not just presenting you with sound and graphics and some kind of contrived puzzle. Can't wait to get it.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:00 AM   #42

Send a message via MSN to Mayboy

Just played it! great game really got into the story and love the multiple endings

I know u can mop up the big patch of blood on the floor in the loo but what about the little trail going into the cubicle? surely if that was taken away the cop wouldnt check the cubicle....or is this meant to happen anyway theres no avoiding it

Anyway great game cant wait for sept 9th
Old 07-27-2005, 04:05 AM   #43
capsized.

:horny:
Old 07-27-2005, 04:32 AM   #44
Super Moderator

Just played through the demo a multitude of times at work (cough).

First time I cleared things up (although I did have a small problem figuring out how to actually use the mop), then ran outside only to have no idea where I was going, obviously hung around too long, for a patrol car arrived and I was arrested.

As Trep has said in another thread, it really would have been good to see the next section of the game, just to see how the different actions you took affect it.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:36 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
It was an odd way to start the game and I kept waiting for him to say "Welcome to the Twighlight ZOne"
Is that guy the host from the twilight zone? because when he came on it reminded me of the twilight zone the way he intros it and all!
Old 07-27-2005, 04:39 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
I am playing with a gamepad so I can't help you with that. But, strangely enough, on the gamepad the default controls don't have those actions entered in. I had to go in and program them myself, and didn't figure it out until I'd played once and couldn't do anything and the cops caught me...

You might want to go into the options and see which keys are programmed for those actions.

EDIT: Apparently the keys for the actions are 4, 6, 8, and 2 -- but use them like arrow keys. So if the action icon is indicating that you want to move down, hit the 2 key and try to replicate the rhythm of the animation. Does that make sense?
No it sounds kind of complicated ill try to figure that out
Old 07-27-2005, 04:56 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
I wonder how many people are going to go "who the hell is that?"
He does introduce himself as the writer/director though. So, I think people might have a clue...
Old 07-27-2005, 05:30 AM   #48
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanze
I dont get how to play the game...i understand the arrow keys but how to i clean up the murder scene or interact when i see icons?
My question exactly. With what button(s) do you interact with the icons???? I looked at the controls but only saw how to move the character and the camera. Am I stupid or is it the game?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:50 AM   #49

If you are close to an object you can interact with, you'll see animating icons on top of the screen. Press and hold the left mouse button and "simulate" the movement on the icon in order to accomplish things. To mop the floor, you'll need to move the mouse "up and down", like in the icon animation.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:57 AM   #50
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimus
He does introduce himself as the writer/director though. So, I think people might have a clue...
"Hi, I want to be famous and well known, so I stuck my likeness in the intro to our game! Here, let me gesticulate realistically and mispronounce words a while... later on you'll find me in a big leather chair with some brandy and a fine cigar..."

Cruel... sorry...
Old 07-27-2005, 06:03 AM   #51
OB

It's easier with a gamepad, but I don't mind either option. Hopefully, they fix that binding bug with the 2nd analog stick. That's kind of important but easy enough to correct yourself. Good demo.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:21 AM   #52
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
It reminds me of Shadow of Destiny quite a bit.
Me too, actually. I had that thought right off the bat.

Smashing, sorry about the spoilers. You're right. I'm going to add a warning to the title of the thread.

I thought David Cage coming on at the beginning was really clever. Helps to set the mood of who you (the player) are -- like, he's a real person who's been converted to digital, so I guess that's what's happened to me, too...

Not really, I know. But it was an interesting way to break down the fourth wall.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:27 AM   #53
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorabi
If you are close to an object you can interact with, you'll see animating icons on top of the screen. Press and hold the left mouse button and "simulate" the movement on the icon in order to accomplish things. To mop the floor, you'll need to move the mouse "up and down", like in the icon animation.
Ah, I see, thanks.

I must say that the controls overall were incredibly bad. The talk about "interactive movie" and similarities to Dragons Lair are now pretty obvious. The splitscreen was great but I'm a bit sceptic about the rest.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:27 AM   #54
Dungeon Master

Good Lord, it's just like I imagined. However strongly the nay-sayers will argue against it, I sustain that this game is reinventing the notion of "interactive movie". And does it with hell of a style! Yes, the controls may seem a little bit awkward (I used mouse + keyboard), but I wouldn't judge them before we see the full game. After all, every new control scheme may need certain amount of time to adjust to. (By the way, am I the only one who has actually read the brief manual which appears in the beginning? ) Anyway, they are much better than in Broken Sword 3, not to look far, for sure. And bonus 100 points for unexpectedly flawless performance on my ancient (or so I thought) computer.

PS. Those Europe-located who don't fancy waiting for hours to download the demo, should check out gamershell instead of the offered link.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:31 AM   #55

It's been a long time since I haven't played such a great demo! I can't stop playing it again and again to see the different endings. For the control, I find them okay. With the multi angles camera, it quite easy to move your caracter where you want.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:37 AM   #56
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
Ah, I see, thanks.

I must say that the controls overall were incredibly bad. The talk about "interactive movie" and similarities to Dragons Lair are now pretty obvious. The splitscreen was great but I'm a bit sceptic about the rest.
Yes, it's SO similar to Dragons Lair, isn't it... Sorry, but it's about as similar to Dragons Lair as Sam and Max is to Pong... there's just so much flexibility. If you mean by the way you interact, it's just like using hotspots only you are involved in the actions... there's a lot of freedom in there to do as much or as little as you want.

You can sit down, eat to relax and calm down. You can clear up the crime scene as much as you want. Sure, overall the outcome is linear, but it's a setup for the next scene where you play the detective.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:44 AM   #57
Squeaky

Hmmm. 297MB on dial-up.

Maybe I should just wait and buy the full game. Then again, 15 hours isn't all that long . Decisions, decisions.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:01 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
I must say that the controls overall were incredibly bad.
I thought they were much better than I had expected. It took some getting used to (especially as I've been playing the press demo on a PS2, where the gamepad controls are great), but I ended up liking them quite a bit.
Quote:
similarities to Dragons Lair are now pretty obvious.
I wonder if people who say this have actually played Dragons Lair...
Old 07-27-2005, 08:13 AM   #59
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson_yellow
Hmmm. 297MB on dial-up.

Maybe I should just wait and buy the full game. Then again, 15 hours isn't all that long . Decisions, decisions.
Do an overnighter... I used to on 56K. Hell, I was on Uru beta with 56k.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:45 AM   #60
OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Yes, it's SO similar to Dragons Lair, isn't it... Sorry, but it's about as similar to Dragons Lair as Sam and Max is to Pong... there's just so much flexibility. If you mean by the way you interact, it's just like using hotspots only you are involved in the actions... there's a lot of freedom in there to do as much or as little as you want.

You can sit down, eat to relax and calm down. You can clear up the crime scene as much as you want. Sure, overall the outcome is linear, but it's a setup for the next scene where you play the detective.
Yeah, where the heck is this silly DL crap coming from? As you said, all the interactive parts are simply hotspots in point & click games taken to the next level. Genius.