You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Other games like Still Life? (maybe spoilers)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 10:59 AM   #1

Default Other games like Still Life? (maybe spoilers)

I just completed Still Life for the first time. I really loved the story, setting and atmosphere in that one. But I really hated how almost everywhere you went, there was a puzzle waiting for you. I don't mind one or two puzzles through the entire game, but this game had a few too many for my liking. I don't think I've ever encountered that many puzzles in a game before, even Resident Evil and Silent Hill didn't have that many. And what's up with that terrible Gingerbread Man puzzle? That was completely out of place and was put there only to make the game feel longer. I used a walkthrough for a couple of the most annoying puzzles, like that one and the lockpicking puzzle.

But anyway, while I hated a share of the puzzles (I'm more of an obstacle-guy), I enjoyed the game overall. That's why I'm wondering if there are any more of these games? I mean, games that involve catching a serial killer, with the same kind of "psyched" atmosphere. With stories like this, and Se7en and Jack the Ripper and such. Bring on the grotesque. Any ideas? Is Post Mortem anything like this?
Old 07-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
Banned User

Post Mortem
Old 07-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
Psychonaut

ROFLMAO.

That was soo funny.

We need a sarcasm smilie, but LOL.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:28 PM   #4

Now that you mention it, it was kinda funny. I just thought of it as a mistake at first, but if intentional, very laughable. :p

Now, any OTHER games, besides Post Mortem? I like it when I'm able to pick and choose from more than one title. Although, that's probably pretty rare in adventure gaming these days.