You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Legacy: Dark Shadows interview

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2003, 11:05 AM   #1

Default Legacy: Dark Shadows interview

Quote:
In the demo version of the game, the player assumes control of a certain character called Jack Black.
So... when you run into your nemesis you get out your guitar and start singing: "With karate I'll kick your ass... from here, to right over the-AR!" ???
That would be good, cause I've been practicing that song and I can almost play it properly. So if I were to play this game I'd be able to get through it without any trouble!

Sorry, being silly. Just wondering if this is a coincidence and Mr. Davorin Horak is completely unaware of the similarities between Jack Black and... well, Jack Black... or if "The D" is somehow involved. Would surprise me.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:56 AM   #2
Retirement is stupid

The D is definitely not involved. Somehow I don't think they could provide the right mood for the soundtrack. I am positive that the fine folks at Razbor, being Croatian and therefore from Croatia have never heard of Jack Black. I'm pretty sure that our reviewer, being Norwegian and therefore from Norwege, had not heard of him either. But I will have difficulty playing the game and not waiting for the character to start singing "Hornet's nest! Hornet's nest! Hornet's nest!"

I'm an idiot.

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 11-14-2003, 12:05 PM   #3

Hehe... would be so funny. Just imagine. Wonderboy and Nastyman team up to kill some yaks from two hundred yards away with MIND-bullets. Wouldn't that just make the greatest game ever? The soundtrack could have the acclaimed "one-note song"...

That's telekinesis, Kyle.

This leads us to the inevitable question... Is Jack Black in fact a psychonaut?
Old 11-14-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
AKA Morte

Send a message via MSN to Garyos

It's probably the greatest game in the world.

Old 11-14-2003, 01:18 PM   #5

Couldn't rememb-AAAR the greatest game in the wo-HORLD!
Old 11-14-2003, 11:40 PM   #6
Puts the 'e' in Mark

The name Jack Black has been brought up in previous interviews and the developers don't seem to know or care. I'd say their publishers might ask them to change it, though
Old 11-15-2003, 06:28 AM   #7

Yeah, or the D will probably go on the road... get themselves an over-sized guitar, and rock his f**king socks off, I imagine.

Anyway, frankly I don't have them figured for sue-happy idiots, so they'll probably either not care, be okay with it, or simply ask to change the name. Or maybe like you say the publisher will intervene because the public might get all confused as to who the character really is...