You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2003, 08:20 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to feisar
Default tomorrow :)

Broken Sword 3 is released in the UK tomorrow !!

also price differences:

Gameplay.com
Xbox = £34.99
PS2 = £29.99
PC = £24.99

Amazon.co.uk
Xbox = £29.99
PS2 = £25.99
PC = £22.99

Play.com
Xbox = Not Stocked
PS2 = £26.99
PC = £24.99

GAME
Xbox = Not Stocked
PS2 = £34.99
PC = £22.99

Gamestation
Xbox = £37.99
PS2 = £32.99
PC = £28.99

HMV
Xbox = £39.99
PS2 = £34.99
PC = £29.99

moral = shop around.. and also ponder what Revolution/THQ have against Xbox and GameCube owners? Can you really blame the poor sales of multiformat Xbox titles when they cost £10 more for the same game? But then £10 more is better than not at all, which is what the GameCube gets.. probably just as well because now I dont have to make the choice between buying BS3 and Mario Kartouble Dash

also i think this looks way better than the box art thats being used:
Old 11-13-2003, 01:18 PM   #2
Retirement is stupid

For those who've asked, Broken Sword 3 is listing for $39.99 in the US. If anyone has any word of any sales or discounts, please let us all know about them here.

- Evan

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 11-13-2003, 01:22 PM   #3
rare groove

Send a message via ICQ to Pappapisshu

I'm still looking for someone to clear things up about the swedish release date. I think it would make perfect sense if it's released tomorrow, but some swedish sites claim that it's released on the 21:st. Not a big deal, but it would be great if someone knows for certain.

On the other hand, I could actually go check the stores tomorrow.

Also, I'd like to add: WOHOO!
Old 11-13-2003, 01:24 PM   #4
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
For those who've asked, Broken Sword 3 is listing for $39.99 in the US.
Dammit, I completely forgot that that's the retail price, not $49.99! Wow! I'm not complaining, I'm buying it that price, no questions asked!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-13-2003, 05:25 PM   #5

Default The Price of BS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
For those who've asked, Broken Sword 3 is listing for $39.99 in the US. If anyone has any word of any sales or discounts, please let us all know about them here.

- Evan
To quote a line from Grim Fandango, when Manny finds about Mercedes Colormar, the perfect client for him, in the Tube Switcher room (THAT'S GOOD, THAT'S REALLY GOOD!)

$39.99 is a Very Nice price for BS3. It really does sound affordable.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:03 PM   #6
Head up in the clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisar
... also ponder what Revolution/THQ have against Xbox and GameCube owners? Can you really blame the poor sales of multiformat Xbox titles when they cost £10 more for the same game?
I'm utterly stunned that you guys pay less for PS2 versions. Those cost at least 30% - 60% more than PC games versions in Germany and always have. Doesn't stop kids from wanting Playstations though.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:33 PM   #7
Ged Psyched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisar
moral = shop around.. and also ponder what Revolution/THQ have against Xbox and GameCube owners? Can you really blame the poor sales of multiformat Xbox titles when they cost £10 more for the same game?
AFAIR, NGC and Xbox has bigger licence fee (for each game sold on console you have to pay some ammount of money for publishing the game on that console). So it's not Revolution/THQ fault.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:09 PM   #8
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

The only store in my city (in Spain), says it has been delayed ANOTHER week!
If I didn't have a reservation, I'd look for it elsewhere, the still don't have Worms 3D and I got it elsewhere over a week ago...

They "say" they have the Black Mirror, but I bet that when I go there this afternoon they'll say its been delayed...
Old 11-14-2003, 12:29 AM   #9
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Play.com has BS3 9th on the sales list

So people really have bought the game immediately, that's great!
Old 11-14-2003, 03:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughy white
I'm utterly stunned that you guys pay less for PS2 versions. Those cost at least 30% - 60% more than PC games versions in Germany and always have. Doesn't stop kids from wanting Playstations though.
uh .. in every single site feis mentioned, the PS2 version is more expensive than the PC version .. in some cases a little more expensive, in some a lot. It's just that the Xbox version is more expensive than either of them.

I'm not going to be buying BS3 anytime soon unfortunately I currently don't have money for food, never mind games .. I'll get it for Christmas tho, which will at least give me time to possibly replay BS1.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:49 AM   #11

(((poor tamz)))

btw i got BS3 today

good = feels really innovative, fresh and leading the way for more games like it.. very proffesional, high budget feel.. great plot.. keeps the atmopshere of BS1 & 2 .. its really addictive and is generally really well designed and made.

bad = very bad PAL version - no 60Hz and black boarders that are bigger than the actual picture features loading times, they arent long but are there :/ .. low detail on the characters and bad jaggies.. graphics are iffy when compared to final fantasy X but better than almost all other western developed ps2 games.. puzzles seem too easy so far..

its weird to start with how everything sounds the same but looks so different :O its a great game so far tho
Old 11-14-2003, 04:56 AM   #12
merely human

Well, what did you expect, Mr. PS2, a gorgeous, crisp, clear high res PC monitor version with all the details cranked up and radiosity lighting in full force?

The PS2 version would be last version I'd ever get of this game (if I had choice of Xbox and PC), considering how old it is. Could still run to its limits (see SH3), but then there's also the price - BS3 for PS2 is more expensive than PC and you get, well, the 'watered down' PS2 version. The PC version is cheaper and in time will get even more cheaper and you get........a gorgeous, crisp, clear high res PC monitor version with all the details cranked up and radiosity lighting in full force with full screen anti-aliasing. [jab jab]

I'm glad you're finally getting to play it! I'll have to wait another week or so.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-14-2003, 05:07 AM   #13
Joop Sloop

anyone got the price in euro's?
Old 11-14-2003, 05:49 AM   #14
Super Moderator

Well that was a fortuitous day at work. Got lots of "work" done. *cough cough* Haven't touched BS3 since I bought it.... It hasn't got me hooked either.

Definitely worth the wait. I feel for those that have still got to wait a bit longer or can't play it cos of the technical specs (moreso for the latter).
Old 11-14-2003, 09:00 AM   #15

im a good three hours into BS3 now and its definatly up there with the other two. Although it will be interesting to see how the massmarket publications view the game.. and how well it sells..
Old 11-14-2003, 10:11 AM   #16
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Definately is, I haven't enjoyed an adventure game this much in ages. And PC Gamer (85%), OXboxMag 9/10, OPS2Mag 8/10 - you don't get more mass market than those publications in the uk,
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 11-15-2003, 04:45 AM   #17
AGA
AdventureGameAficionado

Got my copy and I'm installing as I type.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:34 AM   #18
Joop Sloop

it's 49,99 euro's here at (no) freerecordshop... I saw it yesterday when i came back from work, but since I'm almost broke I can't afford to buy this baby for about 2 weeks at least :/