You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2005, 05:28 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to veggio Send a message via Yahoo to veggio
Default Eye of the Kraken

I was wondering what anyone else who may have played Eye of the Kraken thought of it.

This was a game I had heard nothing about until the newspost announcing its free download, and I'm never one to pass up a free game. Has the developer done any games other than this? Their website seems to be down as of right before I typed up this post.

The characters and situations in the game I thought were very funny. I liked how both fictional and historical characters from different time periods interacted with each other, and the Hamlet-inspired jokes gave me a few laughs.

Gameplay-wise, there wasn't much. I don't remember any real 'puzzles' and most of the game was spent walking around interrogating the various passengers. The conversations were entertaining enough, and the length was just right, to avoid making the whole game too tedious. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have reccommended paying much for it were it not made 'freeware'. Was this game sold in retail stores?

Spoiler:
The end alludes to a possible sequel. Was there/ will there be one?

On a simliar note, the trailer for Carte Blanche is one of the best game trailers I have ever seen. The off-beat humor is definitely my thing, and I'm anticipating this game, although I really know nothing about it. Maybe the developer's website will be back up soon.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #2
Jen

I'm pretty sure it was sold online through the developer's website. If I remember right, it was about $15.

I played it back when it was released and laughed my butt off the whole time. I thought it was a fun and funny game.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggio
Has the developer done any games other than this?
Nope, no other games yet. And yep, it was only sold through the website.