You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Recommend any recent game that's similar to Post Mortem/Still Life?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2005, 08:21 AM   #1

Default Recommend any recent game that's similar to Post Mortem/Still Life?

As in: a criminal investigation story, morbid setting, etc.? It has to be a recent game, though(I experience bad to severe nausea when I look at images with very bright/glaring colours, so many of the really old games are kinda out for me). And yes, good gameplay, good storyline has to be a must.

If you're going to recommend The Black Mirror, don't. I've already played it.

My apologies for the atrocious level of language used. I'm not in the best of healths today.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum.

I can't think of any recent games that fit this description, other than the ones you mentioned, but I'm sure others will have some ideas.

-emily
Old 03-21-2005, 09:07 AM   #3

Hi, hi. Thanks for the welcome. Well, I hope so too.

I honestly wish there was a fix for this nausea thing, though. Then, I would have less problems in life.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:20 AM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

This may be a stupid question, but I suppose you've tried fiddling with the brightness and contrast on your monitor?

-emily
Old 03-21-2005, 09:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
This may be a stupid question, but I suppose you've tried fiddling with the brightness and contrast on your monitor?

-emily
Errr... actually this is a problem that started when I was a child, so it wasn't related to just computer graphics at all. ^^;;

Edit: And yes, I've tried stuff like that. However, it's the same, despite having used a few diff. monitors and so on.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:59 AM   #6
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifiel
Errr... actually this is a problem that started when I was a child, so it wasn't related to just computer graphics at all. ^^;;

Edit: And yes, I've tried stuff like that. However, it's the same, despite having used a few diff. monitors and so on.
Hi Lucifel. For criminal investigation games, I think there are the CSI games (which I haven't played), and if you wait a month or so, an awesome game called Still Life is coming out from Microids. You can actually download the demo and check it out. It is promising to be one of the finer adventures of the last few years.

Firefox rules
Old 03-21-2005, 10:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Hi Lucifel. For criminal investigation games, I think there are the CSI games (which I haven't played), and if you wait a month or so, an awesome game called Still Life is coming out from Microids. You can actually download the demo and check it out. It is promising to be one of the finer adventures of the last few years.
Hell yeah, I've played the demo for Still life already. It looks kinda promising.

I've played one of the CSI games before. It was decent. Not that bad, but not that great either. Dark atmosphere and so on but kinda boring and the characters were paper-thin. But it was so forgettable, I kinda didn't even remember playing it until you mentioned it.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:29 PM   #8
Banned User

U should play Ripper which is also about tracking down a serial killer, both on the real world and on a cyberpunk one
Old 03-21-2005, 01:07 PM   #9
Quixotic

Send a message via AIM to JoeX111 Send a message via Yahoo to JoeX111

There is that Jack the Ripper game that came out a little while back, but it hasn't been reviewed very favorably.