You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Other Cool Stuff from the Inventory Party

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2004, 08:24 PM   #1
Curiouser and curiouser

Default Other Cool Stuff from the Inventory Party

I don’t mean to imply that anything could possibly approach the overwhelming importance of Sam & Max 2, but did anyone get to check out any of the other developers at the Inventory party? (I saw some of you there . . .) I wondered what you thought . . .

The House of Tales folks promised, “a BIG announcement at the Games Convention 2005. You know, the kind of announcement that involves smoke, and pyrotechnic effects, and half-naked Lara Croft lookalikes and all that.”

Pendulo discussed the changes that will happen to Brian in Runaway 2. (Runaway-haters, your hatred has been duly registered.) They say, “Also, life with Gina is not easy. He'll learn that.” (Typical guy—takes him two whole adventures to figure out that just because she’s attractive doesn’t mean she’s right for you.)

White Bird Productions said that their new adventure, “Lost Paradise,” will have lots and lots of new screenshots soon (yeahyeahyeah.) There were the usual questions about the return of Kate Walker, which of course depends on Microids, which owns the rights to Kate. (Do you think Sam, Max, and Kate are hanging out somewhere in copyright limbo, sipping martinis?) They also discussed their next project, Acquarica, which is apparently going to be a movie with an AG tie-in. (What do we think of this? Good, bad, indifferent?)

Here’s the movie pitch: “One morning, the residents of Roodhaven, a once flourishing and prosperous whaling port, find a mysterious boat washed up on shore, assembled from miscellaneous pieces of whaling ships lost at sea. On board is a young woman named Mary, claiming to be the great-granddaughter of the captain of the Aquarica, a schooner which was long ago the pride and joy of the port city. In an antiquated language full of forgotten expressions, she speaks of her people, who live on remote islands in the middle of the ocean. These islands move imperceptibly and their direction has shifted North, as if they were alive and have responded to a strange and irrepressible call. What if the legend of the mythical Mammoth whales was a reality?” (I wonder if Benoit Sokal just sits around thinking of weird extinct mythical animals all day?)

BTW, sorry if it's someone's "job" to report on all this stuff and I just stepped on their toes.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:14 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks for all the gossip! Sounds like quite a few exciting things were brought up at this party.

emily
Old 11-30-2004, 09:23 PM   #3
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

Wait... a party? You mean adventure gamers are social people that have/attend parties and such? Maybe I should get out more...

I am so looking forward to Lost Paradise. Any news on it is welcome. Can't wait for those screen shots

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 11-30-2004, 10:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerShard
Wait... a party? You mean adventure gamers are social people that have/attend parties and such? Maybe I should get out more...
Don't worry. It was an internet party. No one had to go through the trauma of meeting face to face
Old 11-30-2004, 10:25 PM   #5
T.J. Hooker's Lovechild

I'm bummed out I couldn't make it, it was just too hard to wake up early.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited by JHousequake; 11-30-2004 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:29 AM   #6
Evil Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
“One morning, the residents of Roodhaven, a once flourishing and prosperous whaling port, find a mysterious boat washed up on shore, assembled from miscellaneous pieces of whaling ships lost at sea. On board is a young woman named Mary, claiming to be the great-granddaughter of the captain of the Aquarica, a schooner which was long ago the pride and joy of the port city. In an antiquated language full of forgotten expressions, she speaks of her people, who live on remote islands in the middle of the ocean. These islands move imperceptibly and their direction has shifted North, as if they were alive and have responded to a strange and irrepressible call. What if the legend of the mythical Mammoth whales was a reality?”
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! NOT AGAIN!
So there you go
Old 12-01-2004, 03:02 AM   #7
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

I have to admit that that the premise for that Acquarica movie/game doesn't sound good. At all. Again with the mammoths?
Old 12-01-2004, 05:07 AM   #8
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fool
I have to admit that that the premise for that Acquarica movie/game doesn't sound good. At all. Again with the mammoths?
Mammoth whales