You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure GK2 questions (spoilers)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
Adventurer

Default GK2 questions (spoilers)

Just finished GK2 (after a million problems) and I've got a couple questions.
In chapter six,

Spoiler:
gabe has to capture anglehart (or whatever) and take his place (although it's extremely vague as to what you're trying to accomplish). But if you fail to do it properly, you "dissappear" (as shown in the newspaper clipping). Why? Where's the logic in this? During the struggle, do you kill the guy and run away (because you're succombing to the werewolf blood?), does he kill you or what? If you do it wrong, he screams, which would signal others to come running, in which case you wouldn't "dissappear", you'd be arrested for attacking him.

This sequence confused me, and compounded with the uncertainty as to what I was actually trying to accomplish, made it the most frustrating and hated part of the game. Anyone actually know what was going on?

Also, I finished the game with 675/679 points. Out of curiosity, where are the other four hiding? I'm sure I've read somewhere of someone getting fewer in chap 5 then they should, but I'm not sure. Just wondering about that...

William

Last edited by fov; 11-29-2004 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:11 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Hiya! Hope you don't mind, I edited spoiler tags into your post.

I remember being annoyed by this too, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I think the idea was

Spoiler:
he manages to escape in wolf form but is then never able to return, ever, because that curse keeps turning him into a wolf... because he has been overcome by the werewolf blood.

-emily
Old 11-30-2004, 08:00 PM   #3
Adventurer

:S I guess that's plausible... and the best answer I can think of. The sequence lacked the logic I'd expect from the game.

Also, I know the games are *somewhat* historically accurate, and I'm just wondering to what extent?
Spoiler:
Was Ludwig's madness real? His friendship with wagner? Are there rumours about an unfinished opera? (etc...)

I'll stick that in spoilers just in case...

William