You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Skipping sequences

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2004, 12:39 AM   #1
Ladies man

Default Skipping sequences

Do you skip sequences in the game? I never do that, because they are interesting and they are like 50 % of the game. I know many persons who do this. I just can't understand why you would skip something like that.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:58 AM   #2
guybrush_guy

i usually only do it if i have alredy seen it. other then that i always watch

Old 10-30-2004, 01:32 AM   #3
Junior Junior Member

Send a message via MSN to Krazy

I see everything the first time. When replaying I sometimes tend to watch the best scenes and sometimes skip ones I don't want to see again.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:48 AM   #4

Never. I live for cut scenes (at least when I'm playing the game I do).
Old 10-30-2004, 03:03 AM   #5
Ghost House

Send a message via ICQ to Murder House Send a message via AIM to Murder House Send a message via MSN to Murder House

I never do, I love wathing them, I was watching my bro playing GTA San Andreas today (just bought it a few hours ago) and he just skipped every cut scene that came up, I also know of others who do this. What's the deal? :eek:
Old 10-30-2004, 03:09 AM   #6
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I usually never skip them, but I had to skip the sequences in Syberia (the first game), because it was really unstable on my computer. It tended to freeze, or crash during the sequences. If I was lucky, it didn't do that when selecting the sequence separately (it was in that separate menu, for re-watching them)

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 10-30-2004, 03:13 AM   #7
Ghost House

Send a message via ICQ to Murder House Send a message via AIM to Murder House Send a message via MSN to Murder House

If I suspected there was a problem with the audio, cutscenes etc. I would try to figure it out before playing on. If I could find no solution, consult forums. And the if I got no help from that I would NEVER play on if i had to skip a cutscene or a talk to someone in the game, just wait until I can eventually figure it out. 8-)
Old 10-30-2004, 03:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder House
If I suspected there was a problem with the audio, cutscenes etc. I would try to figure it out before playing on. If I could find no solution, consult forums. And the if I got no help from that I would NEVER play on if i had to skip a cutscene or a talk to someone in the game, just wait until I can eventually figure it out. 8-)

I think I know what the problem was: My computer.

Now he's better (Thou may calleth him "Igor". I do too.). My father did something to him, that makes him work better.

But I have not enough slots for cards...

-

Old 10-30-2004, 03:26 AM   #9
Ghost House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I think I know what the problem was: My computer.

Now he's better (Thou may calleth him "Igor". I do too.). My father did something to him, that makes him work better.

But I have not enough slots for cards...

-
My Father touched my computer once, afterwards, I changed my name on forums to Muder House.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder House
My Father touched my computer once, afterwards, I changed my name on forums to Muder House.

I won't let my father near my old computer (which still has Win98 or 95), because for some reason he wants to install WinXP Professional on each and every computer we have, even if I tell him, that I need the old one to play older games.

...am I glad that WinXP is not compatible with my AMIGA 590...

-

Old 10-30-2004, 08:53 AM   #11

I only skip scenes when I've already seen them and I get them over and over again because I keep dying or whatever. Non-skippable cutscenes in these cases is criminal.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
I only skip scenes when I've already seen them and I get them over and over again because I keep dying or whatever. Non-skippable cutscenes in these cases is criminal.
Hhmmm, something tells me that you've played Broken Sword 3
Old 10-30-2004, 10:02 AM   #13
Freeware Co-ordinator

Not quite AG but at the start of Police Quest : SWAT the commander of the SWAT team gives an introductory "welcome to SWAT training" speech. If you try to skip that you get a separate little cutscene where he bawls you out for your impatience and suggests you may not be good SWAT material.

As a rule I'd normally watch cutscenes (the above was because I wanted to test the game proper worked OK having just got it) I'll sometimes even rewatch cutscenes because they can be so darn good. The real problem is when you've said to yourself, "I'll just have a quick game before school/work/my favourite TV programme" and then you hit a 10 minute cutscene with vital plot information in it.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 10-30-2004, 10:23 AM   #14
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I don't often skip cutscenes, but I regularly skip dialogue lines in adventure games. Of course, you get the odd game that won't let you... how I curse The Riddle of Master Lu...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-30-2004, 10:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLe
Hhmmm, something tells me that you've played Broken Sword 3
Well, yeah... I found it more annoying in Beyond Good & Evil though, to be honest.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:52 AM   #16
I create. Therefore I am.

Send a message via MSN to jannar85

Sometimes, but then I've seen them multiply times before. I like the ability added in _some_ games to skip cutscenes. The ability should be there. I dislike it when developers makes you see the cutscenes (even if we have seen them before), and disable the ability to skip it. Escpecially if they're long.

Click the name, to join its Facebook Page!

My Games
Old 10-31-2004, 07:08 AM   #17
Sky is not the limit

Send a message via ICQ to Zanthia Send a message via Yahoo to Zanthia

I usually don't skip sequences the firs time, but I can skip some second time. I don't skip dialogs too not to loos information they can reveal although some of them are just boring
Old 10-31-2004, 07:39 AM   #18
Evil Webmaster

I don't usually skip cutscenes when I'm playing, but I wouldn't blame anyone for skipping GTA's
So there you go
Old 10-31-2004, 08:18 AM   #19
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

I hate games that won't let you skip scenes. That gets really annoying. Especially in games like BS3 where if you screw up you have to watch the whole cutscene all over again.

Maybe adventure games should start coming with scene selection like on DVDs. That way people who don't want to play through the whole game again can go straight to the part they want. Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7
I won't let my father near my old computer (which still has Win98 or 95), because for some reason he wants to install WinXP Professional on each and every computer we have, even if I tell him, that I need the old one to play older games.

...am I glad that WinXP is not compatible with my AMIGA 590...
You'll have to give in to the evil of XP eventually. Resistance is futile. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

mag
Old 10-31-2004, 09:40 AM   #20
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Cath
Do you skip sequences in the game? I never do that, because they are interesting and they are like 50 % of the game. I know many persons who do this. I just can't understand why you would skip something like that.
Only if I've seen the scene before, VERY recently...
Like when I have to do the same scene again and again....