You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure "Another" Adventure game by Nintendo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 01:54 AM   #1

Default "Another" Adventure game by Nintendo

Just a heads up here. IGN recently posted brief summaries of a number of Nintendos new first-party games for the new Nintendo DS handheld console. One of them was called "Another" and was listed as an adventure game.

This got me pretty excited because of the general quality of Nintendo's first-party titles. Here's the brief snippet from IGN:

Quote:
Another (temporary title)
Uncover clues to a family's painful mystery in Another, a Nintendo DS specific adventure. The game will feature unique puzzles that must be solved using the touch screen and microphone. During play, one screen displays conversations while the other screen displays character actions.
And here's the link:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/554/554868p1.html
Old 10-07-2004, 02:18 AM   #2

You know, the first thing I thought about when I saw the stylus on Nintendo DS, was that it would be really easy to port adventure games since the stylus works like a mouse. Probably not much chance of that, but still....

And Didn´t the GBA port of Broken Sword do pretty well?
Old 10-07-2004, 11:52 AM   #3
guybrush_guy

Default adventure on the Nintendo DS?

i was reading this article over at gamespot, it does sound interesting. i wonder what it's going to be like when it come out.

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure...w_6109915.html

Old 10-07-2004, 01:05 PM   #4

Well I don't know about adventures coming out for it, but I'll probably end up buying the system.

EDIT: Nevermind, there were threads merged and posts changed and now this post just looks retarded, ignore it. Although I would like to say that the stylus as a mouse would be cool and you could do some pretty neat stuff with the extra screen. I'm already going to buy the DS just because it has Wario Ware and Metroid.

Last edited by LeChimp; 10-07-2004 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:30 PM   #5
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula
Didn´t the GBA port of Broken Sword do pretty well?
if your talking about selling well, i don't really know the answer to that, but i did buy it and enjoyed it very much. there probably wasn't anything that i didn't like about it.

Old 10-07-2004, 02:51 PM   #6
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

The DS can make point and click games even easier, getting rid of the whole click thing. It's mainly just pointing your finger on the screen now.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 10-07-2004, 03:15 PM   #7
guybrush_guy

you can also have a whole screen dedicated to the invintory, menu, and dialog screens

Old 10-08-2004, 02:04 PM   #8
After 2 years...

ah, the precious Nintendo...always on the front
you are in a
Dreamfall
Old 11-22-2004, 02:31 PM   #9

Right, so with the release of the DS in the US and soon to be in the UK, I was curious if anyone had an idea as to if and when the release date for "Another" was? Any help would be appreciated, so let's hear it.

Timbo
Old 11-22-2004, 02:39 PM   #10
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula
And Didn´t the GBA port of Broken Sword do pretty well?
Well enough I suppose. I still would have preferred playing it on a PC, but I'll take what I can get.

As for this "Another" game, does anybody else get the impression that there are going to be some really disappointed people around here when we get the first screen shots and find out that it's not a "real" adventure?

mag
Old 11-23-2004, 12:19 AM   #11

It IS a real adventure. I've seen screenshots, and it's controlled from a bird-eye view, not unlike Dreamweb. I have a good feeling about this game. Especially considering it's coming from Nintendo. I don't expect much of a deep story though, Nintendo never made a deep game - storywise.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue
It IS a real adventure. I've seen screenshots, and it's controlled from a bird-eye view, not unlike Dreamweb. I have a good feeling about this game. Especially considering it's coming from Nintendo. I don't expect much of a deep story though, Nintendo never made a deep game - storywise.
You mean I don't get to save the princess this time?

Timbo