You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Can anyone identify this text adventure for me?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 02:30 PM   #1

Default Can anyone identify this text adventure for me?

This is a really long shot, but it's something that's been driving me mad.

I'm trying to locate an old text adventure that we used to play in school for "educational purposes". It's probably really young for me now, but I remember loving it, and would love to be able to get hold of it.

I don't remember much about it at all. I think it was something to do with a castle, and having to escape from it. A couple of elements I can recall are:

In one aspect of the adventure, you had to play a game with a man (ie: the computer) that involved sticks. There was something like 37 sticks in the pile, and you each took it in turns to remove between 1 and 7 sticks from the pile. The winner of this game was the person who was able to use their turn to remove the last of the sticks. I don't know what happened if you beat the computer, because I never did.

There was also occassionally characters that would appear in the form of men who had pointy hats with a number on them. They'd ask you to pick a number, and if you got it wrong, I think you got thrown in the dungeon. I don't remember what happens if you were successful, but I do know that the number you had to give was the cubed number of the one printed on the man's hat.

That's all I can remember about it. I know there's not much chance of someone knowing the answer, since it's been about 18 years since I played it, but any help is much appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum, Barclay!

No idea what game that is, but maybe someone else will know.

-emily