You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Zork for Crestron TPS-5000

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 01:22 PM   #1
Friendly Server Admin

Default Zork for Crestron TPS-5000

Heh... so yesterday at work i needed to make a test program for a batch of Crestron touch panels (part of a classroom media control system). I had some spare time, so I sat down and recreated the first few rooms of Zork for Crestron (using buttons for movement and commands rather than a parser) and loaded them up to test the panels. So on installation the default program on each panel's going to be Zork, at least partially.

Anyway... random geek note
Old 08-24-2004, 01:43 PM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

You and my boyfriend would probably get along. He had a summer job in high school doing something or other with Franklin computers for the school system, and he reprogrammed the chip that the computers booted up on to display a message saying "Turn me off."

My favorite practical joke in the software company where I used to work was taking a screenshot of an error message and setting it as desktop wallpaper. I got like five engineers and two QA guys hunched over a computer in the lab trying to click OK to get it to clear.

But what you did sounds much more productive and smart than these little mind games...

emily

Last edited by fov; 08-24-2004 at 02:39 PM.