You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Black Mirror - confusing game?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger
Default The Black Mirror - confusing game?

I just started playing The Black Mirror, and must admit so far I am pleasently suprised by the quality of the game.

However, I was wondering whether I am alone in being confused about what is going on? I've only played about an hour to an hour and a half into the game, but I have no idea who most of the people I've met are. The protagonist keeps refering to people by first name, never mentioning what relation he is to any of them. For example, I only realised William is the protagonists grandfather, and not his father, when I reread the adventuregamers review today. Maybe the intro animation mentioned it, but if it did I don't remember? And I thought Victoria was his Aunt or even Mother, but now think she must be the grandmother? I know I'm only an hour or so into the game, but I'm finding it hard to feel imersed when the protagonist talks to people and I have no idea who they are.

Who is Robert? Brother? Uncle? Father?

Maybe it's just a game with some really cleverly intergrated exposition, but for some reason I'm doubting it. Or maybe I'm going senile at 21?

P.S. The voice acting is suprisingly good, except for Samuel who just seems to drone on incessently.
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 08-24-2004, 12:20 PM   #2
Hardcore Adventure Ninja!

Yeah, it's a bit overwhelming at first. But you'll know all the important facts once you reach the second chapter/day. If not, they were not important enough I guess.

Last edited by The Silent Dude; 08-24-2004 at 12:27 PM.