You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - with the collaboration of Jane Jensen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #1

Default Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - with the collaboration of Jane Jensen

Hello everyone,

We have announced our collaboration with Jane Jensen, Cognition: An Erica Reed Mystery.

We are very happy with the direction we are taking it, and hopefully, it'll be somehow reminiscent of the incredible masterpiece that is Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, in its graphic style as well as paranormal and thrilling story.

We are running a kickstarter campaign to help with the initial cost of development, and would love you guys to give us your support. In 5 days only, we are almost halfway there with a bit more than 12k raised. Please, take a look at the trailer of the game, see some of the beautiful art by Romano Molenaar of X-men and Tomb Raider fame, and give us your support in any way you can. We are offering some nifty prizes in exchange, from the game itself, to signed copies by Jane, to the opportunity to go behind the scenes with the team as the game is being developed!

Check it out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-reed-thriller

And if you have any questions, we'll keep an eye on this thread!

Thank you!
www.postudios.com
Old 11-03-2011, 06:10 AM   #2

I'm very intrigued so far! The premise sounds promising and original, and I look forward to hearing more about the game. I'm happy to have contributed and encourage others to do the same.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #3

Anything involving a serial killer (in this case FOUR!!!!!), i'm down. Since its involving Jane Jensen and giving your company a chance to show what you got in the non-king's quest/3d realm, i'm quite looking forward to the end product.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 11-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #4

It LOOKS cool. Hopefully the heroine will be likeable... unlike in Still Life.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #5

The footage looks phenomenal, can't express how excited I am for this project! Almost debating investing in the Kickstart to get beta access
Old 11-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
Codger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ View Post
Maybe that was the case in SL2, which, itself, was a horrible game, but certainly not the case in the original. Unless, of course, you didn't like her baking skills.

I do like the concept for raising development funds. Although I think having the opportunity to participate in the beta-testing process is a prize one should only wish on one's worst enemy.

Contemplating my level of involvement. Will depend entirely on whether I can skip the beta.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #7

count in my $60
Old 11-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #8

Quote:
I thought Vicky was likeable enough. However I the heroine ISN'T very likeable. I want real, flawed characters. Give me a David McNamara over Vic McPherson any day. However considering her backstory I think Erica Reed will have some issues of her own.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
I thought Vicky was likeable enough. However I the heroine ISN'T very likeable. I want real, flawed characters. Give me a David McNamara over Vic McPherson any day. However considering her backstory I think Erica Reed will have some issues of her own.
Viky just PMSed a little too much for my taste and made a lot of bad jokes at inappropriate moments. That took a lot out of the atmosphere for me.

I liked the game more when you played as the male character in the flashbacks because he was more serious and the game seemed more gritty.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #10

Hey Cesar, I'm really excited about this. Love Jane's games, specially the GK series. A question, what role will she play in the development exactly? I seem to remember reading about her being an "advisor" or something? Does that mean she will not actually be the lead designer of the game? Is she responsible for writing the story/characters?

P.S: Count 20 of my hard earned bucks in.

P.P.S: Nag her about GK4 everytime you can. Actvision now has the rights to it and it has to be done! Somehow and somewhere it has! Nah, just joking... but do it!

cheers
Old 11-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
fov
Rattenmonster

Cesar can probably speak to this in more depth, but in the meantime you can see the original press release here, it explains Jane's role a bit. Her title is "story consultant" (she's not the lead designer).

Quote:
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller will release as a series of four episodes, a format Phoenix knows well from their work on the ambitious freeware game The Silver Lining http://www.tsl-game.com. After playing The Silver Lining, Khaeon representatives approached Phoenix to develop Cognition, a project originally conceived by Khaeon’s art director Romano Molenaar. The game’s design team will work closely with story consultant Jane Jensen on Cognition’s plot and investigative gameplay.

“I’m very impressed by Phoenix’s work on The Silver Lining—this is a talented team who has shown incredible dedication to a fan game. Now they’re a young company moving into commercial production and I’m happy to be involved. I hope to help them make their first project a success,” says Jensen, creator of the acclaimed Gabriel Knight adventure game series. “Cognition is a perfect fit, too, with its supernatural storyline and graphic novel style.”
Old 11-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #12

I'm supporting this and am also looking forward to the finished product!
Old 11-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Viky just PMSed a little too much for my taste and made a lot of bad jokes at inappropriate moments. That took a lot out of the atmosphere for me.

I liked the game more when you played as the male character in the flashbacks because he was more serious and the game seemed more gritty.
I like that about her. Maybe because I'd choose her over the bland annoying character in the Art of Murder series.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 02-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #14
Phoenician

Default Cognition PayPal fundraiser!

Hello everyone! During our very successful Kickstarter fundraiser (which we posted about here; over $34K raised--you are amazing, and thank you yet again!), we had a number of fans who wanted to support the game but were unable to use the Kickstarter system, or who missed the dates to get in on it. So, starting on February 1st, we’re running a two-week mini-fundraiser through PayPal, offering all the same great rewards as we did during the Kickstarter itself! If you or someone you know are interested in Cognition, you can donate at the (newly redesigned!) Cognition website!

If you are donating, (1) Thank you!! and (2) Be sure to include the reward you are selecting in the message with your donation. All the rewards offered from our Kickstarter are available with the PayPal fundraiser as well.