You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Clockwork Man?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 03:06 AM   #1

Default The Clockwork Man?

Has anyone played The Clockwork Man or its expansion The Hidden World? I've played the demos for both of them on Steam and I really liked them but It doesn't look like they have been reviewed on this site yet.

Can anyone tell me if the games keep up the quality displayed in the demo and how long they are? They're a little too expensive to buy without a little bit more info. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

They're pretty good, but they're primarily hidden object games, which is why we won't review them. We'd normally cover this sort of game in our Casual Collection round-up each month. We didn't with these because they're actually both older than the article series (even the sequel is more than a year old). They're just being re-distributed across more portals now.

But yes, if you liked the demos, there's nothing in the rest of either game that would turn you off them. Pretty pricy on Steam, though. Way cheaper at Big Fish. (IF you're intent on Steam, personally I'd wait for a sale.)
Old 09-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #3

I thought the premise was quite interesting, but the HOG elements are so annoying I stopped playing the first game. Tried the second and felt the same way. :/ Maybe i'm just sick of the random/pointless object search in the HOG sections.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/