You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #21
Replicant

Will definitely buy this as long as it isn't a disasterous console to PC port, which seems unlikely (although the last GTA was poorly ported).
Old 09-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #22

Heavy Rain shouldn't be ported to the PC. It wasn't made to work best on anything but a controller.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 09-16-2011, 01:42 AM   #23
Schättenjager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Heavy Rain shouldn't be ported to the PC. It wasn't made to work best on anything but a controller.
So what u think pc users unable use or buy 50$ controller?
Old 09-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
So what u think pc users unable use or buy 50$ controller?
Yep. Imagine all the pc gamers bitching about not using a keyboard or mouse. Its bad enough with all the complaints as they are.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:16 AM   #25
Schättenjager

Utter nonsense,cut the crap.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:05 AM   #26

Quote:
Yep. Imagine all the pc gamers bitching about not using a keyboard or mouse. Its bad enough with all the complaints as they are.
I don't share his aggressiveness, but I agree with Gabe.
I could totally see myself buying something like this in order to play Heavy Rain on a PC. I mean, I'd rather have to spend £17.99 to enjoy Heavy Rain on my gaming rig, than having to buy a console just for one game.

Besides, although my eye-to-foot coordination is so bad I couldn't play football (soccer) to save my life, during the years I've developed surprisingly (to myself) quick reflexes on a keyboard. I wouldn't put it past myself to be able to handle the quick-time events with my keyboard & mouse honestly.

Last edited by ZeframCochrane; 09-16-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #27

If you think what I said is utter crap, then you definitely haven't even seen all the BS from the PC Elitists.

I'm not saying you guys wouldn't, but I'm just speaking for what load of shit I've seen from PC gaming for over the years. Wait, someone bitching about how a pc game is a consolized POS? Ban the game, destroy it!

I already played HR on the PS3, so I don't care if it comes to the pc. All I know is that it will get a lot of flack from the elitists and the general pc gaming public.

Gabe asked "So what u think pc users unable use or buy 50$ controller?" and I answered. Was I wrong? No. Would people actually buy a controller just to play Heavy Rain? Of course, but it doesn't change the fact how close minded and ignorant a lot of pc gamers are. No, i'm not talking about you guys, but its seen across the web on many gaming websites, blogs, forums.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #28

Quote:
No, i'm not talking about you guys, but its seen across the web on many gaming websites, blogs, forums.
That is all fine and dandy, but how does that lead to the conclusion that Heavy Rain shouldn't be ported? How does the fact that many PC "elitists" would complain lead to concluding that us non-idiots shouldn't get to enjoy a videogame on our platform of preference?

I would've understood it if you had said something like "A PC port of Heavy Rain will cause complaints from people I don't like, hence it would somewhat upset me"... but concluding that it flat-out "shouldn't" be ported, just because some elitists would complain, is excessive, whatever way you look at it.

Last edited by ZeframCochrane; 09-16-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframCochrane View Post
That is all fine and dandy, but how does that lead to the conclusion that Heavy Rain shouldn't be ported? How does the fact that many PC "elitists" would complain lead to concluding that us non-idiots shouldn't get to enjoy a videogame on our platform of preference?

I would've understood it if you had said something like "A PC port of Heavy Rain will cause complaints from people I don't like, hence it would somewhat upset me"... but concluding that it flat-out "shouldn't" be ported, just because some elitists would complain, is excessive, whatever way you look at it.
Publishers and developers that port the game would agree with me that it wouldn't be worth the cost.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #30
Schättenjager

Quote:
Publishers and developers that port the game would agree with me that it wouldn't be worth the cost.
Are you on drugs or something,being delusional, no,no one agreeing with you and your trolling and releasing La Noire port for pc then so on..
Old 09-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Again, Gabe's choice of words is somewhat... eh, unsportsmanslike? But the sentiment is somewhat undrestood.

Do you mean to say you think Heavy Rain for the PC wouldn't sell?

I think you overestimate the statistical significance among video game players of those who you think would mount excessive protests to a game requiring the use of a controller. I also believe you overestimate your insight into the opinion and marketing choices of publishers and developers, but that's another story.

The point is, most of us are decent folk, who can consider buying hardware to fit a specific game's needs. Heck, back in the '90s (where you around then? ) I bought the Gravis Gamepad just to play Jazz Jackrabbit! And there was much rejoicing!

Last edited by ZeframCochrane; 09-16-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeframCochrane View Post
Again, Gabe's choice of words is somewhat... eh, unsportsmanslike? But the sentiment is somewhat undrestood.

Do you mean to say you think Heavy Rain for the PC wouldn't sell?

I think you overestimate the statistical significance among video game players of those who you think would mount excessive protests to a game requiring the use of a controller. I also believe you overestimate your insight into the opinion and marketing choices of publishers and developers, but that's another story.

The point is, most of us are decent folk, who can consider buying hardware to fit a specific game's needs. Heck, back in the '90s (where you around then? ) I bought the Gravis Gamepad just to play Jazz Jackrabbit! And there was much rejoicing!
I've was born in the 80's so I know gaming when it was all in dos and on the atari. lol Remember when gamers/pc users actually had to buy new hardware just to play one new game? Now gamers complain when games are distributed digitally, or games made the move to DVD's, and even a non-intrusive DRM is blown out of proportion.

Sure, you are absolutely right, but I guarantee there will be a huge outcry because the game was "Consolfied" despite the fact that the devs want to keep the feeling of the original intact.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #33

Though you do seem to be motivated to have said what you have about porting to the PC by some strange revenge for all the criticism consoles get for being consoles (limited redundancies for an unconscious consumer culture!)...

I will agree with you (by "slyly" insulting consoles yet again!):

Yes. You are correct, none of these games should be ported to the PC -- because they should be developed for the PC -- a far superior system, without a single doubt -- and then, maybe, ported down to fit on one or two of those toys (consoles).

That would be best, yes.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #34

Agreed. People want it to be ported for the fact they want to play the game, but porting is quite different from as you said, developing it right for the platform. Well said.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #35

http://kotaku.com/5843430/report-la-...ng-in-november

Old 09-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #36

Quote:
Yay! ^^
I was already quite prone to believing the rumour, but official confirmation is always nice.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #37

Quote:
The fact that Rockstar itself remains very silent since the announcement worries me a bit. No previews, no screenshots, nothing. I hope the game won't get delayed at the last minute.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:30 AM   #38
Schättenjager

http://www.vgreleases.com/pc/releasedate-416969.aspx

LA Noire
System Requirements [PREDICTED]

Intel CPU - Core i3-530 2.9GHz
AMD CPU - Phenom 9850 Quad-Core
Nvidia
GFX Card - GeForce 9800 GTX L
ATI
GFX Card - Radeon HD 4770 512MB
RAM
(Memory) - 3 GB
Hard Disk
Space - 20 GB
Old 09-25-2011, 03:06 AM   #39

I've played the game on PS3 and i didn't get excited when i heard about the PC port. Please let me point out that the game itself is a little bit boring! I mean you'll end up doing the same thing again and again. The facial capturing is a great thingy but the gameplay section gets repetitive! HR on the other hand was a piece of beauty (gameplay-sound-graphics). If there is a game rockstar should port to PC this should be Red Dead Redemption and not LA Noir.

Last edited by Geothing; 09-25-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:27 AM   #40
Schättenjager

First the console fanboys jealous then pc fans are ungrateful without them rockstar how lost running company business.