You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #41

i3-530 and the rest specs are the minimum requirements?

And Rockstar is expecting their PC version will sell?
Old 09-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaneas297 View Post
i3-530 and the rest specs are the minimum requirements?

And Rockstar is expecting their PC version will sell?
I think GTAIV sold VERY well on the PC, especially with Rockstar branded on the game.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 09-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #43

First the console fanboys jealous then pc fans are ungrateful... then the Schättenjager gets unintelligible?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #44

There's a preview on RPS:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...a-noire-on-pc/

Here's hoping it'll be as good as it sounds!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #45
Schättenjager

Rockstar new announcement

L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition will launch on Windows PC, Steam, and OnLive in North America on November 8, 2011 and in Europe on November 11, 2011.

In addition to the original full game, L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition for PC will include a multi-use code to access all the previously released downloadable content from the console versions, including the “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson case, the “Reefer Madness” Vice case, “The Consul’s Car” Traffic case, “The Naked City” Vice case and “A Slip of the Tongue” Traffic case.

Developed by Rockstar Leeds, the PC version of L.A. Noire will run on a wide range of PCs and feature increased resolution and graphical detail along with keyboard remapping and gamepad functionality, as well as support for NVIDIA 3D Vision for an even greater sense of interaction and immersion.

Read on for system specifications and stay tuned for more on L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition for PC in the weeks ahead.

System Specifications:
• Operating System: Windows 7 / Windows Vista Service Pack 1 / Windows XP Service Pack 3 / OnLive for PC or Mac
• Processor: Intel Dual Core 2.2GHz to Quad Core 3.2GHz / AMD Dual Core 2.4Ghz to Quad Core 3.2Ghz
• RAM: 2GB to 8GB
• Hard drive space: 16GB
• Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512MB to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB / Radeon HD 3000 512MB to Radeon HD 6850 1024MB

Suprised that mi.reqs quite low dont' expect running on 8600 more than 10 fps but otherwise mean will be a great port.(yn)

Last edited by Gabe; 10-01-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #46

Those specs are ridiculously high-end. Multicore? 2GB min?

Stupid. Just stupid. And I don't say that because I don't meet it. I say it because it's stupid. If they want it to reach a "wide range of PCs" they are fools.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #47

No offense, but those min specs are quite old hardware. If you are a PC gamer, you should have at least those min specs, else you shouldn't say its stupid and what not.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:09 AM   #48

Yeah...if you expect a game that looks like LA Noire to run on a PC that doesn't meet those minimum requirements then you're dreaming.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Berkeley View Post

Stupid. Just stupid. And I don't say that because I don't meet it. I say it because it's stupid. If they want it to reach a "wide range of PCs" they are fools.
We don't know how well optimized the game is, but the "minimum" requirement is hardly high-end. Windows 7 itself requires 2GB to work correctly (4GB is recommended, there are people who get 8 GB even since RAM is very cheap), dual cores were standard back in 2008 (these days, quad cores are recommended).
Old 10-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaid View Post
Windows 7 itself requires 2GB to work correctly (4GB is recommended, there are people who get 8 GB even since RAM is very cheap),
I don't think so. I'm running Windows 7 at home and I'm pretty sure I only have 1GB of RAM. I won't be able to run the game either, which is annoying since I was very happy when I heard the announcement. They're obviously not porting this with the adventure gaming community as their main target, which I suppose isn't much of a surprise anyway.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #51

Quote:

Agreed. I'm disappointed it won't run on my Intel 486, 16 MB RAM, Diamond Monster 3D rig.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #52

Quote:
No offense, but those min specs are quite old hardware. If you are a PC gamer, you should have at least those min specs, else you shouldn't say its stupid and what not.
I, personally, do have plenty of headroom where the specs come in. As I said, I'm not saying it because I don't have the hardware myself.

I'm saying it because it's stupid.

L. A. Noire has been made to run on a on a PS3, FFS. There is no reason it shouldn't be able to accommodate that low-end and also have new assets for the higher end on a PC...

It is a stupidity.

I am a PC "gamer" as the kids say. Have been since before the kids were born. I have the equipment. Myself. But I am a PC gamer... and thus, I know that there are many PC owners (throngs! throngs I tell you! ) who like to play games, who do not have "rigs" that meet those requirements.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #53

Quote:
I am a PC "gamer" as the kids say. Have been since before the kids were born.
Well, that's quite condescending.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:24 AM   #54
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
I'm saying it because it's stupid.

L. A. Noire has been made to run on a on a PS3, FFS. There is no reason it shouldn't be able to accommodate that low-end and also have new assets for the higher end on a PC...

It is a stupidity.
But what exactly constitutes "low-end" and where is the line between "low-end and "too old". The point may have been made in jest but should they accomodate Zefram's old 486 and where is the line drawn? There may be many people with seriously old computers, but there are also loads with only a PS2 rather than a PS3 and I don't think there should be a PS2 version.

Furthermore, the game will obviously not look and run as well on older machines (PC's) and the further "low-end" you go the worse it will be. If I was the developer I wouldn't want my modern game looking rubbish on a knackered old PC anyway.

Generally I would suspect that anyone who is serious about gaming (i.e. will buy full price titles) on the PC would be at least there or thereabouts with the minimum system requirements here and that is what Rockstar will be interested in.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:11 AM   #55

For adventure games to grow and become more mainstream again, games demanding higher specs needs to happen. Why you might ask - why can't they include a very low option also? Well for starters, it just might not be financially viable for them to develop the game to include this option... I mean the group that would want to buy it but have not got the hardware to play it are small in size. Furthermore, another reason in case the previous one is not applicable is simply because that's not how business works!

In business you pick the market that will get you the most sales and target everything specifically for them. Of course, game companies would need to target the mainstream gamers for said development of our beloved genre to happen, mainstream gamers who just love cutting edge games technologically speaking (amongst having other qualities) and this is the market that they have surely picked.

A reason for why this philosophy is good practice whilst using this example would be this - imagine this game next to an other new, big budget title in a game store that is targeting the same market. A gamer (who is in the target market) is having a hard time choosing between the two titles but then sees that L.A Noir's specs have a lower option which the other does not have, this makes L.A Noir seem more archaic than the other and it makes it less appealing.

TBH though, those specs are low in power. They have been the typical specs for average priced family PCs for a very long time now.

"He's the small boy that you have to give the ball to in order to retrieve the toilet brush from the kebab seller."

stepurhan -

"Only in an adventure gaming forum would you see a sentence like this. "
Old 10-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #56

Will be grabbing this in the New Year perhaps, Gonna be playing Skyrim for a long while hopefully. Although i said that about DEHR, and i walked away from my 2nd playthough easy enough.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #57

i don't know if the mainstream gamers go around looking at requirements.....i'm thinking most of them have good rigs and look more at what game is more interesting or sth.at least i wouldn't decide on a game based on the reqs.maybe on not buying it but that's different.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko View Post
Will be grabbing this in the New Year perhaps, Gonna be playing Skyrim for a long while hopefully. Although i said that about DEHR, and i walked away from my 2nd playthough easy enough.
Lets be honest, DEHR isn't a sandbox rpg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
i don't know if the mainstream gamers go around looking at requirements.....i'm thinking most of them have good rigs and look more at what game is more interesting or sth.at least i wouldn't decide on a game based on the reqs.maybe on not buying it but that's different.
Or they go around buying games and then bitch about how the game doesn't work on their comps because mommy and daddy didn't pay to upgrade his/her comp.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #59

latest news on LA Noire's developer studio...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6338341/la-noire-dev-moves-to-shut-down?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B2

that is really disappointing.after seeing an innovation from a new studio now it closes.DAMN IT!!!

though it won't affect the PC port being released since it's done by Rockstar Leeds.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:03 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
latest news on LA Noire's developer studio...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6338341/la-noire-dev-moves-to-shut-down?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B2

that is really disappointing.after seeing an innovation from a new studio now it closes.DAMN IT!!!

though it won't affect the PC port being released since it's done by Rockstar Leeds.
As the article suggests, I doubt we've seen the last of LA Noire as a franchise, with the game shipping 4+ million units and with the rights in 2K's hands.

I feel for everyone who lost their job (if they hadn't quit already), but studio Director McNamara deserves to be shunned from the global development community after the way he treated his employees. He can go roll in his money by himself.