You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Secret files 3 trailer!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #1

Default Secret files 3 trailer!

Just check the trailer here, I found it 2 days ago:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc...t-files/719352

Other links :
http://www.adventuregamers.com/gallery.php?id=1993
http://www.secretfiles.deepsilver.co.../index_en.html

Well, we already know about the wedding, we can see Max's office again, a few grand big bangs,and maybe they travel to Egypt, considering those symbols?

Last edited by kate me; 08-19-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:42 AM   #2

As I said before it looks absolutely amazing! I'm not sure if they'll be going to Egypt though. The only Egyptian thing I saw was the one with the burning ships in Alexandria(library anyone?) and that looked like quite a while ago.The two symbols I saw were at 0.46 and that's the symbol of the order from SF: Tunguska(yay!) and the Pi on the utterly awesome cover.

I'm so excited about this game, even after watching the trailer 5 times.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:05 AM   #3
Senior Automaton

Looks nice, even though i'm not frothing over the mouth over the series. Are they going back in time or something? Also I found it amusing to hear Max "the love of Nina's life", don't know why
Old 08-20-2011, 05:26 AM   #4

I know, I'm one of the few who is really over the moon about this series but I just love the whole grand adventure feeling to it which is rare these days. Loved Lost Horizon to pieces as well. As for the Alexandria segment I'm pretty sure that's from the obligatory teaser opening as in "Alexandria 30 BC" lots of stuff happening, opening credits, then "present day" and then the adventure kicks off or perhaps it's from a flashback like in SF2. In any case I don't think they'll be doing any time traveling.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:19 AM   #5

while Secret Files isn't as good as Gabriel Knight or the first Broken Sword, it's still a pretty good series in my opinion and I'll definitely be picking up the third. haven't tried Lost Horizon yet, but it's on my to-do list
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 08-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #6

I agree SF games are not as good as BS 1 or 3 but CC ruined the Broken Sword series with the aptly named fourth installment making Secret Files it's worthy successor imo. Gabriel Knight (only played 1 and 3) never gave me any kind of grand adventure feeling. To my mind it's more of a dark historical/horror series.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
Replicant

Can't wait, probably the best jet-setting adventure series out there at the moment! Hope the voice acting is better this time though.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #8

I also replayed the trailer a few times!

Even if Secret files aren't that grand, it is on my favorites list, and Tunguska has that little corner reserved in my big adventure games heart.

I can't compare Secret files to GK because that's a true classic, but I could compare it a little with BS, especially with BS3, (not with the first two, cause I haven't found anything to beat my 2 favorite games yet, and I hope it stays that way for me!)

I also agree with the voice acting, it's a MUST change!

Can't wait to see it! I wonder if they will make a demo?
Old 08-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #9

Looks good but I don't really like the whole marriage aspect lol. That'd be like Indiana Jones getting married... but I'm assuming it won't play a huge part in the game itself.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ View Post
Looks good but I don't really like the whole marriage aspect lol. That'd be like Indiana Jones getting married... but I'm assuming it won't play a huge part in the game itself.
I really like it they're moving the Nina-Max relationship ahead. Much better than having them circle around each other for games on end(which is kinda the case with a certain other adventure duo) and I think it'll be highly integral to the main storyline cause in the trailer we saw something happening at the wedding and then their home being invaded as they were in bed together(this perhaps being somewhat later?) Mind you I'm getting a little concerned for the fate of the main characters because since they gotten together and even got married the story of their relationship is basically over so if the developers want to keep it moving,which obviously they do, it can only end in divorce or death. In which case I hope it's Max's not Nina's

But I digress, in any case I wholeheartedly agree marying Indie of was a bad move but then again the whole movie was rather bad imo.

Also I'm currently replaying Tunguska(still a lot of fun) and I'm almost 100% certain the robed figure in the trailer is from the "order" of the first game
Spoiler:
you know the aliens
which is no surprise as we allready saw their symbol in the trailer. I think it's good they're getting back to the first game again since I consider it superior to it's sequal and they kinda left that storyline open. Plus it worked in BS3 imo.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #11

yeah George and Nico getting together each game and splitting up between games got somewhat repetitive and silly, so it's good to see Nina and Max going a different road
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 08-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #12

Thanks for the links, kate! I've just seen the trailer. Just what I was expecting from a Secret Files game: big explosions, boomy soundtrack with gothic choirs and a hint of romance. Definitely not as charming and original as the first two Broken Swords, but it will certainly find a place on my next-to-play list. Not only because it's undeniable production quality, but simply because the good old fun factor and the old-fashioned feel of adventure.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 10-09-2011, 03:27 AM   #13

"Making of" video and interview with developers has been released - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oqtH1Kw5gk
Old 10-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #14

This is great! Thanks for posting...
Can't wait for it!