You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Escape from Thunder Island

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #1

Default Escape from Thunder Island

Today I received an e-mail that an account was made for me on the Big Finish site. First I thought it was some kind of fishing targeted at Big Fish customers, but it appears to be genuine. Big Finish games is after all the new studio from Chris Jones and Aaron Conners which produced Three Cards to Midnight (which I didn't like) and Three Cards to Dead Time (for which I couldn't be bothered).
But now the have a new game that seems to be different from the Three Cards franchise. It looks like an adventure / puzzle game with a more lighthearted story. The graphics look great, very colorful and screen filling . And from the screen prints it appears to be either first person, or fixed screens like

Anyways I am downloading the demo from the BigFinish site.

It surprises me that there hasn't been any rumor about this game here. Anyone any thoughts, opinion, information?

Well it is a HOG in the end. Maybe a moderator can move this to the general section...

Last edited by nonax; 05-22-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:52 AM   #2
Schattenjäger

What I can say is that Aaron Conners isn't involved in this game.
We (Adventure-Treff) will be publishing an interview with Aaron Conners (kind of a Tex Murphy retrospective) in the next few weeks and he made quite an interesting statement in that interview:

Quote:
Personally, I’m done with casual games. It was a frustrating and disappointing experience. Not only was the audience not ready for our types of games, they expect a ton of quality for a low price so you can’t sell the games for very much money, and the distributors (like Big Fish and Gamehouse) take the lion’s share of the revenue, so you have to have a HUGE hit to be profitable.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #3

While I certainly understand what Mr. Conners is saying, I'm left wondering what he was expecting going in.

Last edited by 3rdFloor; 05-23-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #4

their new game is a hidden object casual game & not really being an adventure game thats probably why there hasn't been anything on this site. I love aaron & chris work & I support them whatever they put out. They recently did a game called murder island - secret of Tantalus which was a labour contract job only for play first games. It was pretty good for the budget they had to work on.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #5
FOT
Geek Girl

Is that interview ready yet Jack? Curious.....
Old 06-15-2011, 12:22 AM   #6

I asked jack the same question, he tells me it may be some time before he can translate into english
Old 06-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
Schattenjäger

I finished the translation yesterday. The interview should be published somewhen later this week. I'll post a link over here as soon as it's live.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 06-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #8
Schattenjäger

The interview has arrived!

Here is the link to the English version: https://www.adventure-treff.de/artikel/interviews.php?id=80&lang=eng

Should be very, very interesting for those who are interested in Tex Murphy. Aside of that I found Aarons stories on the casual market very interesting. Hope you'll enjoy it!