You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The next big thing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 05:52 AM   #1
Mik

Default The next big thing

Hi there, any German guy out there who has played this game? I'm really looking forward to play it, the screenshots look great and I read a pretty promising preview.

Is there any release date for English version?
Old 02-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #2

An english demo will be released in April. See here:
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...rives-in-april
Old 02-13-2011, 03:28 AM   #3
Mik

Thanks, I thought it would be sooner but at least we got a date. What about reviews in Germany?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
Chicken with a bite

Most sites give it around 80% e.g. Adventurecorner give it 80/100,
Adventure-Treff 83%
Eurogamer.de 8 out of 10,
PC Games 78% and
Gamezone 8.3 out of 10

4 Players is a bit less enthusiastic giving it 69/100
Use Google Translate or Altavista Babelfish to translate
Old 02-16-2011, 05:07 AM   #5
Mik

I've read those reviews and I will definitely buy the game. Is there any English or French playable demo?
Old 02-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #6

I finished it yesterday. And i loved it.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 AM   #7

Did you get the english demo?!
From where ?!?!?!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #8

I played the german version of the game.
I loved the totally crazy story, the wonderfull grafics, the puzzles that are so much part of the story, the characters, ... did i forget something?
There are no nedless walking-around-to-pass-time-riddles - i love that very much! Every component in this game seems so elaborate to me.
I hope there will be an englisch version soon.
Sorry to disappoint you, kate me.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #9

at least there are some positive comments "close" to its release.now i'm really psyched about this!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
Mik

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagul View Post
I played the german version of the game.
I loved the totally crazy story, the wonderfull grafics, the puzzles that are so much part of the story, the characters, ... did i forget something?
There are no nedless walking-around-to-pass-time-riddles - i love that very much! Every component in this game seems so elaborate to me.
I hope there will be an englisch version soon.
Sorry to disappoint you, kate me.
Yeah, that sounds SWEET!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:09 AM   #11

Im half german and even able to speek german, since I lived in Berlin, but I havent heard of this game. Definetly going to google it now
Old 02-19-2011, 04:25 AM   #12
Mik

www.thenextbig-game.com

It's the official site (at least it's in English)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverscreen View Post
Im half german and even able to speek german, since I lived in Berlin, but I havent heard of this game. Definetly going to google it now
Old 02-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #13

It's a fun little game with a distinct art style and cute story. Veterans will dislike the lack of a single difficult puzzle though, so keep that in mind. I finished it in about 5 hours last night, and I'm not a particularly experienced adventure gamer (ie. only recently picked up adventures and the only 'old school' games I've played are the early Monkey Islands and Toonstruck).

Either way, if you liked Lost Horizon, there's a chance you'll enjoy this. Play it more for the (clichéd) story than the gameplay.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #14

i hope it took you 5 hours for the demo since it's not gonna be released until 25th of March.
and if it was the demo come on you can't really judge it from a couple of scenes out of the maybe 15-20(i don't know how many a full game is but you can understand the point)from the full game.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
i hope it took you 5 hours for the demo since it's not gonna be released until 25th of March.
and if it was the demo come on you can't really judge it from a couple of scenes out of the maybe 15-20(i don't know how many a full game is but you can understand the point)from the full game.
The game is already out in Germany. A lot of them come out here before they go on to the international market it seems. Anyway, it was quite short, yes.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #16

hmm.....didn't know that.must be quite convenient for you guys.but it's not that far off for me and also it's the next day of my birthday so i'll take my sweet time since there's gonna be a break on the 25th on national level and play it.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:28 AM   #17
She Wants Revenge

5 hours seems quite short :/ I don't mind easy but I'd really like an adventure to be more like 8-10 hours.

Anyway, how does it compare to the Runaway games? I thought the first was decent and second was so tedious I never even played it. Third seems okayish and will play it some day but not rushing it.

Someone compared it to Lost Horizon, which I didn't find so excellent. The Indy feeling was nice and the polished interface and all, but the game was pretty tedious again, especially in the middle chapters which didn't really have any kind of plot advancing.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:44 AM   #18
Mik

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
5 hours seems quite short :/ I don't mind easy but I'd really like an adventure to be more like 8-10 hours.

Anyway, how does it compare to the Runaway games? I thought the first was decent and second was so tedious I never even played it. Third seems okayish and will play it some day but not rushing it.

Someone compared it to Lost Horizon, which I didn't find so excellent. The Indy feeling was nice and the polished interface and all, but the game was pretty tedious again, especially in the middle chapters which didn't really have any kind of plot advancing.
I did find the third Runaway highly superior to the first two, especially compared to the second one.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #19

Quote:
Anyway, how does it compare to the Runaway games?
Can't tell cause I never couldn't get Runaway to run on my computer.

Quote:
Graphically the games are very similar, and the humor is as well (which is a good thing, I think), but not everything you do in the game contributes to quickly advancing the plot. While LH has mostly been a really fun ride for me, there have been passages of TNBT that I felt were tedious.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #20

Hi ,
nice to meet you in this pool. Just to get informations about the french Demo... Something new about?

peace!!