You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #21
Schättenjager

Windows version was released on March 6 anyone playing now?
Old 03-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #22
Filmfreak

Ouch, they picked the same date as Mass Effect 3???
Old 03-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #23
Schattenjäger

wow that was really sudden. I hope to have time for this soon.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #24

I bought it as soon as it got released yesterday, and I must say I really really love it. It took me a while to get into it, and I felt a bit uncomfortable through most of the first chapter. But by the end of that, I had understood how it worked and how it expected me to think, and the second chapter (the ship) was just pure joy. I loved trying to figure out all the alternate solutions to the challenges, and what the title of each of the hi-jinks was supposed to mean. I've done just the first room of the third part and I can't wait to get back to it.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 03-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #25
Psychonaut

I played through the xbox live version recently.

I loved it.

Does the PC version come with the hobo DLC?
Old 03-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Does the PC version come with the hobo DLC?
Yes, it's included with the game.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 03-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #27
Schättenjager

Looks like game have very limited age range unfortunately df continue to produce for kids only,i think people more than 14 have hard time to enjoy this kind of script&progress.

Last edited by Gabe; 03-09-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #28
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Looks like game have very limited age range unfortunately df continue to produce for kids only,i think people more than 14 have hard time to enjoy this kind of script&progress.
I might not be the first to point this out to you Gabe, but you should put spaces after punctuation, it makes text much more readable.

Also, I'm over 14 and I disagree.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Many....MANY people disagree with you.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 03-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #30
Schättenjager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Many....MANY people disagree with you.
Disagree on what ,this game not childish?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #31

Quote:
Disagree on what ,this game not childish?
No, disagree on people over 14 enjoying the game despite it being childish. I have still not played this one, but the same thing would apply to Psychonauts, or Costume Quest.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #32

I dunno. The games are geared somewhat towards kids, but as an adult you will still enjoy them. I guess it's the Pixar effect. They're rather family games than games for kids.
Not to forget that many of the LucasArts classics might also get confused with being only for kids, aesthetically at least. Day of the Tentacle? Curse of the Monkey Island?
If you enjoyed those, why wouldn't you be able to enjoy Stacking or Psychonauts?
Old 03-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
If you enjoyed those, why wouldn't you be able to enjoy Stacking or Psychonauts?
That's what I meant: many of us disagree on not being able to enjoy these games. My bad for using a double negative, what I mean is that many of us enjoy childish games.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #34
Schättenjager

You really cant see this game at same level with Lucas Arts trade mark quality of script right?
This game is well designed and may deserve the ratings but the same reason why adults doesnt play lego's action video games is the definition of childish.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #35

Quote:
You really cant see this game at same level with Lucas Arts trade mark quality of script right?
This game is well designed and may deserve the ratings but the same reason why adults doesnt play lego's action video games is the definition of childish.
Yeah, Lucasarts geared it toward adults but the general theme was created to accompany a family oriented setting. Stacking (based on the demo) is adult in the nature of its setting, but the 'Russian Nesting Dolls' can be seen as childish. I cannot see Stacking as childish when we have a sesame street game created by the same developers that is way more obvious in its nature.

Your idea of childish is directly related to its concept of the Nesting Dolls. Though it is not really as childish as you think.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 03-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #36

I am over the age of 14 and I play LEGO video games... What's wrong about that ?!?
Old 03-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #37
Schättenjager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Your idea of childish is directly related to its concept of the Nesting Dolls. Though it is not really as childish as you think.
No,just the script that's all.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #38
Filmfreak

So slavery and child labour are childish topics now?
Old 03-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #39
Schättenjager

Are you still reading Dickens?
Old 03-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #40

wow gabe,

so you are genuinely making an arguement for slavery/child labour and being a subject aimed for under 14 year olds.

come on!!!!

take a step back and realize you have talked yourself into a corner