You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Feeble Files or Space Bar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #1

Default Feeble Files or Space Bar

Which of these would you recommend for someone who prefers Macgyver type inventory puzzles and not a lot of dialog, errand running, etc?

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:23 AM   #2

I've only played the Feeble Files, and it's a fairly typical blend of inventory puzzles and dialogue. The only thing I'm aware of with the Space Bar is that it has a time limit, and is very tough. I didn't get the impression either from what i've seen that there's much inventory manipulation.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
Senior *female* member

I'm not entirely sure what Macgyver type of inventory puzzles are. Both games are long, funny and very hard, both have inventory puzzles.

The Space Bar features lots of dialogue trees and you often have to dig deep for the correct answer. Nicely whacky but usually logical puzzles. The conversations in FF are less complicated, if I remember correctly, and in addition to the inventory-type puzzles there are some extremely hard stand-alone puzzles (mixing chemicals, calculating star time) and a few arcade sequences.

About the Space Bar being timed: yes, but not all the way through. Time is turn-based in the bar, so you don't want to waste turns on all the different options of dialogues. (Best way to go about it is to save first, explore the dialogue tree thoroughly and then restore.) The bulk of gameplay consists of "morphing" into bizarre beings and then you have all the time of the world to explore and solve puzzles.