You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Cursed Mountain PC - this a legit copy?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #1

Default Cursed Mountain PC - this a legit copy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pc-Cursed-moun...item1e60f11cf8

There's only 3 copies of this for sale in all of ebay that I can see, and only this one has an actual photo of the product. The game isn't listed on Amazon.co.uk as being on the PC, and wiki says it was only available for PC via download leading me to suspect this is an illegal copy of the game.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?
Old 02-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #2

I think it's a legit copy. I've seen some retail boxes here in Spain.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:07 AM   #3
Schattenjäger

looks legit to me. The seller has alot of feedback, and someone who was making fakes probably wouldnt go through the trouble of making those torn sticker marks on it.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #4

Hmm, I think I know what my next adventure game is going to be. Many thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #5

Just a heads up - Cursed Mountain is more of an action-horror game in the vein of Resident Evil 4, in case anyone thought it was a traditional adventure...
Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #6

Oh gosh, I loved "Cursed Mountain" on PC!
I bought my copy from Belarus (near Chernobyl) through eBay about a year ago. It was tough to find a nice new physical-disk copy for less than $80 at the time, so I was a bit skeptical that I got mine for $20 including overseas shipping.

But it was indeed a legit Russian copy, complete with a nice plastic/cardboard fold-out case. Very classy package. The game came on a dual-sided DVD, and it's a big game (IIRC 5 to 7 gigs). Also, no DRM. I just installed it and filed the DVD away. The seller sent photographic instructions on how to change the language from Russian to English (just a button to click in the game's directory).

The PC version got horrible reviews, but I watched a YouTube playthrough of the first 10 minutes that absolutely sold me. Ah, here it is. The entire 10 hours I spent playing this game is just as atmospheric as this little bit is, if not more.

It's also a very nice PC port of a wii original. The PC port supports up to 1920 x 1200 resolution, and even has a reverse Y-axis option for the mouse (which was a godsend for me). It played very smooth, and never crashed once. The mouse is used to make the gestures in game (instead of the wii-mote, which was sort of wonky on the wii I've heard), which makes the PC version a lot easier to play.

As you can tell by that video, the voice acting is phenomenal. Hands down the most atmospheric game I've played since the Stalker games. I adored the mountain setting (takes place on Mount Chomolonzo, a real Himalayan mountain). The story is excellent, and really drew me in.

One drawback: It is very linear. There is never much doubt as to where to go next. But the pacing is excellent, and makes up for it. You can move through the world as slow as you like. Take your time. Admire the gorgeous views from the mountain. I got shivers playing this.

I cannot recommend the PC version enough! Loved it!
There is also a d/l version available right here apparently (I just looked).

Those of you who love spooky atmosphere and beautiful settings and great story should really check it out. Or at least just watch that 10 minute video of gameplay/story set-up. Oh, and for best results, watch that video in 720p in fullscreen.

Last edited by Giles Habibula; 02-10-2011 at 06:35 PM.