You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure for iPod Touch 4G - What do I need?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Default Adventure for iPod Touch 4G - What do I need?

I've done a bit of a search but I've found references to some games, reviews of others and no real definitive list of what I "must" have. I've decided on some non-adventure games to get (Meatstroke, Civilization Revolution, Mass Effect: Galaxy, Mirror's Edge and possibly Carcasonne), but I'm stuck in terms of adventure.

I'm getting an 8GB iPod Touch (4G) this week, and I'm curious about what adventure games I must have for it. I've decided on the Scarlett game, I'll likely pick the Return to Mysterious Island game up, but I don't know what else. I have Broken Sword and Beyond a Steel Sky for PC, so I don't need to get them again. The reviews of Monkey Island put me off, though, but I'm going to get them on PC at some point.

If it helps, I like funny games, ones with great soundtracks and/or ones with good characters. I've played, in terms of the PC, TLJ and Dreamfall, Keepsake and Broken Sword 1, so I'm still fairly new to the genre. Oh, and if there's a PC version available, I'll get that (Unless the iDevice release is better). Hidden object/casual games aren't out of the picture, either.

Thanks, all!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
If it helps, I like funny games, ones with great soundtracks and/or ones with good characters.
Are you familiar with phoenix wright? i havnt played the ipod version, but its funny, quirky, and epic.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Of course, completely forgot to add that to my list of titles to get.

Thanks for reminding me, Zane. I played the DS release but £3 for the iPod version is a steal.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #4

hector badge of carnage, that new one (recently reviewed here on AG just have a quick check) there's also a good layton style game, the jim and frank mysteries.

all the remakes like BASS, MI, and more if i recall.

sorry i couldn;t provide a more thorough list, about to fall asleep have fun with your new device.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:53 AM   #5
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrisguitar View Post
hector badge of carnage, that new one (recently reviewed here on AG just have a quick check) there's also a good layton style game, the jim and frank mysteries.
I think the new one you're referring to might be the Scarlett something something and the Spark of Life? I've got that written down (Yeah, I know) so I don't forget. I'll look into the others, though. Is Jim & Frank the Layton-esque game you mentioned?

Quote:
all the remakes like BASS, MI, and more if i recall.
I assume BASS is Beyond a Steel Sky? I've got it twice (Gog & Broken Sword Trilogy) so I'm not exactly missing it I'll probably give it a pass as I'm not a huge fan of Revolution's remastered games (Despite buying BS:SotT - DC twice), and I'll get around to the original. As I said in my opening post, I'll try to keep to iDevice/handheld exclusives as I think the general consensus I've gotten from remakes (Especially the Monkey Island ones) is that the PC version is better for controls at the very least.

Quote:
sorry i couldn;t provide a more thorough list, about to fall asleep have fun with your new device.
Thanks! I'm sure I'll enjoy it... When it comes, anyway It should be here today but I'm doubting it'll arrive before this evening.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #6

yeah sorry about the poor use of grammar. jim and frank is the layton style game, has got very good reviews.

i think that J+F, badge of carnage and scarlett are good start for ipod touch exclusives anyway.

Last edited by Idrisguitar; 12-15-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
The 'Mighty Dragon'

Thanks again, Idris, I'll give them a look now.

Still no iPod, though... *Grumbles*