You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Could my computer handle Syberia?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2004, 09:08 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813
Default Could my computer handle Syberia?

I have a 1.8 ghz laptop with a generic 32mb video card (the company is SIS).......the requirements for Syberia say it requires a Direct3D card and I guess I have to assume that I have that.....

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong section......i am new to these forums
Old 04-04-2004, 09:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas813
I have a 1.8 ghz laptop with a generic 32mb video card (the company is SIS).......the requirements for Syberia say it requires a Direct3D card and I guess I have to assume that I have that.....

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong section......i am new to these forums
Syberia works even on my old pentium II 400 with a 16 mb videocard. So I don't think it will give any problems for you.

Garion
Old 04-04-2004, 09:18 AM   #3

ok.....sounds good!.....thnx for the response!......guess i'll have to go out and get this game now
Old 04-04-2004, 12:13 PM   #4
guybrush_guy

it should work, most graphic cards on laptops are generic grade. so there compatable ith almost every game. the only thing you would have to worry about, is syberia recongizing the drivers. which is should with no problem

Old 04-04-2004, 12:38 PM   #5

well i just downloaded the demo and tried to play it and it worked fine for a couple of minutes.......after that it kept messing up the graphics......like when someone would walk you would see a trail of themselves and when you moved to a different room the previous room would be on top of it......i guess i won't be getting this game then.......also i don't like the fact that you can't observe a lot of things and i don't like the dialogue system in the demo (both things seemed better implemented in TLR)

i have also tried demos of Grim Fandango and Sanitarium and have had problems with both of those
Old 04-04-2004, 01:03 PM   #6
8-Bit Spritemaster™

Demos are not necessarily as clean as the final version. Just because the demo might not work perfectly on your system, doesn't necessarily imply that the full version won't work on your computer.

Also, see if getting more up-to-date drivers helps any.

Sky Warrior Bob
Old 04-04-2004, 06:40 PM   #7
guybrush_guy

bob has a point, you should contact the people of syberia and tell them your problem. ususly if they get enought complaints they will release a pach. thats what happend with anachronox. they orgionaly had no plans but they got a bunch of complaints and soon released one.