You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure It Still looks like a great classic game.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2004, 10:02 AM   #1

Default It Still looks like a great classic game.

Late last night, after I finished defragmenting my hard drive,which was 12:45a.m., I was really desperate to play an adventure game that I hadn't played for a long time. After looking through the games that I had, I finally decided to play The Longest Journey, just to see if my copy from Empire Interactive (this is the version of the game that I bought on the Internet, not the one from Tri Synergy) was still working.

I shouldn't have worried because the opening movie sequence ran utterly smooth, like a knife cutting through warm butter. Considering how the game is now four years old, the game still looks beautiful. I played the Prologue level, and then stopped when I arrived at Chapter 1, mainly because the time on my watch said 1:20a.m., and I was tired.

So, now, everyone, I have two adventure games to play, and both of them are set in the 3rd Person Perspective. I have to continue on playing The Black Mirror, which I am taking my absolute time on not rushing through it, and The Longest Journey, too. It absolutely feels good to be playing adventure games again.

On a side note, I recently bought Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and I played it every day until I beat it. My final verdict? Gorgeous Graphics, a hero who is athletic and kick-ass tough, and a female sidekick who is easy on the eyes, if you know what I mean But on the other hand, the game got hard at the halfway section, mainly because of the sand zombies that you have to fight. Ubisoft should've toned down the difficulty of the game just a little bit. But, overall, I enjoyed playing the game, and I thought the ending was satisfying.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:55 AM   #2

Default TLJ with some serious AA

If you have an NVIDIA card, try running The Longest Journey with 4X AntiAliasing enabled in the driver. very, very sweet :-D
Old 04-04-2004, 05:07 AM   #3
False Hope

Play BS3 if you haven't already played it. I keep recommending it to everybody
Old 04-04-2004, 11:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidWizard
Play BS3 if you haven't already played it. I keep recommending it to everybody
I already have played it, Liquid, but thanks for letting me know about it. I personally thought it was the best adventure game I played last year.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:55 PM   #5
Consulting Detective

TLJ is a great game indeed. I had no particular problems while running the game on my Win XP. Actually, I remember it did kick me back to Windows in one occasion.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Souza
TLJ is a great game indeed. I had no particular problems while running the game on my Win XP. Actually, I remember it did kick me back to Windows in one occasion.
I ran into the 'crashes at the police station' glitch, but the patch fixed that.