You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Scarlett and the Spark of Life for iPhone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 05:35 AM   #21
Game Designer

Hi Tim
Mate, now that the game is out, would it be nosy to ask if it sold well?
Just to see if making iPhone point and clicks is a viable option.

Cheers,
Myles Blasonato.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #22
Launching Pad Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesb View Post
Mate, now that the game is out, would it be nosy to ask if it sold well?
Just to see if making iPhone point and clicks is a viable option.
I think that's a question on a few people's minds, so I wouldn't consider it nosy.

We've actually just today had to announce some sad news. Full details are on our blog, but in short, we've had to push back the rest of development of Episode 2 into the second half of 2011. The major reason is that while Scarlett's sales have been solid(ish), they haven't reached the levels we'd need to immediately fund the remainder of Episode 2's development.

Our ambitions for Episode 2 are a factor. It's been shaping up to be quite a lot bigger than 'Spark of Life', and there are plenty of art assets, story moments, puzzles and characters that we're just not prepared to cut. So, we're going to have to build up funds with some smaller games first.

So in answer to your question: we still don't know if this type of game is financially viable on the App Store. But we love them enough to take another chance with Episode 2 — it'll just be a bit later in the year than we thought it would. My personal feeling is that there are tons of people who would love Scarlett (and other original iPhone titles like Hector). They just don't know it yet.