You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Whatever happened to Culpa Innata 2: Chaos Rising?

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #21
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veovis
Anyone know if the Gamers Gate version is the "uncut" version?
I'm sorry I can't answer this one but at least AdventureShop runs nice sales now and then so if you're not in a hurry you can always wait the next time it's on sale there. I bought mine with 5$ last year (the second time as I bought it from Steam earlier with 3€ but the Steam version is the cut one).

03-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #22
Stalker of Britain

I think the only uncut version of "Culpa Innata" is at the Adventure Shop, for somer eason. I've been interested to see what's different with it, but I don't really want to pay that much to figure it out.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

03-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia
I'm sorry I can't answer this one but at least AdventureShop runs nice sales now and then so if you're not in a hurry you can always wait the next time it's on sale there. I bought mine with 5$ last year (the second time as I bought it from Steam earlier with 3€ but the Steam version is the cut one).
Thx! I would buy the uncut version from The Adventure Shop if only I knew it is not DRM protected. The one at Gamers Gate is not. The Adventure Shop never tells you whether a game is protected or not. Only way to find out is to buy the game and hope for the best (or ask other customers I guess...). I know most games at The Adventure Shop are DRM protected, which is why I don't usually buy from them. But for example Yoomurjak's Ring, which I couldn't find anywhere else, turned out to be DRM free.

03-17-2011, 03:42 AM   #24
She Wants Revenge

I've never even thought about DRM on my digital games. How do I found out then? I have the game installed atm but I haven't played it further than the starting screen yet. Waiting a while longer with my replay.

03-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia
I've never even thought about DRM on my digital games. How do I found out then? I have the game installed atm but I haven't played it further than the starting screen yet. Waiting a while longer with my replay.
Actually, when I now read the "how it works" page they seem to have abandoned the DRM-type they used before. It says you can install a purchased game on multiple computers and download and install as many times as you want. This was not the case before, when they had the install three times and you're out type DRM. Meaning you would have to activate a game over the internet in order to install it and ask for more activation keys if you had reached the limited amounts of allowed installs.

Can anyone confirm this change of policy?

In the case of Yoomurjak there was actually "no-DRM" or something similar in the download links and no need to activate the game in order to install or play.

04-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #26

Culpa Innata is my favourite adventure game in the 21st Century.
I really hope that Chaos Rising will be out in some day.

Here's the trailer of Chaos Rising in HD, for those who haven't seen it yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUbTkbDoKbA

09-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #27

Any news of Culpa Innata 2?

09-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #28
King of the Wild Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBo
Is this game good?
My local gamestop has it for $2.99

that price made me curious about it.
I really enjoyed Culpa Innata. It is essentially just a mystery game - you play detective to find out who killed someone - but the thing that really made it for me was the fascinating subplot, which is entirely optional but really opens up a world of intrigue to you. Without this subplot I wouldn't have rated it so highly, it would just have been an interesting detective game. The subplot - at least in this game - seems mostly unrelated to the main plot, but I think in the sequel both come together in a highly influential way. It reminded me of the Palace/Eyes of God series of books by Katherine Kerr and Mark Kreighbaum, where you're given snippets of a deeper seemingly unrelated mystery in book 1, which becomes the main underlying theme and the mechanism for explaining the full grand plot in book 2.

09-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #29

Sounds intriguing.
I never did get back up there to get it.

I usually play games with my little sister, I'm not sure if this would be appropriate.