You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Whatever happened to Culpa Innata 2: Chaos Rising?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2010, 02:27 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Aubstopper
Default Whatever happened to Culpa Innata 2: Chaos Rising?

It had a release of Fall 2009 and that has come and went..and yet I've heard no word on it at all. I've been googling around for some further information, but couldn't come up with anything. Anyone know what's going on with this?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:54 AM   #2
Senior *female* member

The same question was asked recently at Gameboomers. Laura (forgot her last name), who was involved in the first Culpa Innata, replied:

Don't give up on us - just yet

Is the game delayed, yes. Unfortunately, when the down turn came last year a LOT of people were left being owed money, a lot of money. Including us

BUT Momentum did not pull the plug at all on Culpa 2. Too much work put into it already and too many people who have encouraged everyone and eagerly await the game. The Momentum team values its many fans so highly, you have no idea.

And there are a great many games, that go through delays (some a lot longer than this YET people keep them going and eventually released to their fans. This year, I am pretty sure we will finally get to see Gray Matter, among a few others

So still here, still breathing - just quietly rebuilding.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
And there are a great many games, that go through delays (some a lot longer than this YET people keep them going and eventually released to their fans. This year, I am pretty sure we will finally get to see Gray Matter, among a few others
So we are expecting it around 2014
Old 02-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #4

That's a shame... they were owed money and didn't get paid due to the GFC? And I really loved Culpa Innata .
Old 09-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #5

Quote:
The same question was asked recently at Gameboomers. Laura (forgot her last name), who was involved in the first Culpa Innata, replied:

Don't give up on us - just yet

Is the game delayed, yes. Unfortunately, when the down turn came last year a LOT of people were left being owed money, a lot of money. Including us

BUT Momentum did not pull the plug at all on Culpa 2. Too much work put into it already and too many people who have encouraged everyone and eagerly await the game. The Momentum team values its many fans so highly, you have no idea.

So still here, still breathing - just quietly rebuilding.
It is just about October 2010. I have not been able to find out anything. I even emailed Momentum but received no reply. Is CI2 dead?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
Tea & Cookie Monster

I have been wondering this too. There has also been a complete silence about A Vampyre Story 2.
Wouldn´t mind the wait if I just KNEW they were coming...
Old 10-01-2010, 07:00 AM   #7

Unfortunately CI2 is on hold.
According to GameBoomers.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #8
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

That's how indie games development usually looks like. The teams are not paid daily, and their members are concurrently busy with other jobs. Consequently, the schedules can completely change during production and longer breaks can happen.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:09 AM   #9
an angel of romance

Does anyone have any kind of news about Culpa Innata 2? I mean I know that they had some financial problems and everything, but I was still hoping for it, sence Culpa Innata was one of my favourite games. Is it ever going to come out? Did the company close?
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough
Old 03-11-2011, 08:21 AM   #10

As horribly horribly flawed Culpa Innata was, there was something I loved about the setting and the characters. I REALLY hope they can release and finish this second game.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #11
Stalker of Britain

I liked how many side-details you could do-like change your clothes, have lunch and gossip with your friend, watch crime tv. I dunno, I just liked it, along with the kiosks. The actual story and characters were a bit bland, but oh well.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #12

For anyone who might be interested, it looks like Gamers Gate has Culpa Innata on sale for $4.99 as part of their 5 year celebration.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CI/culpa-innata
Old 03-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #13

Is this game good?
My local gamestop has it for $2.99

that price made me curious about it.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #14

One of the best adventure games of recent years... Too bad it probably won't get a sequel. People just won't buy a dystopian story nowdays, even though it's great.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:24 AM   #15

Aw, I hope the sequel gets some new life breathed into it. I was really looking forward to it.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #16
She Wants Revenge

Yeah it was really my most anticipated adventure last year, even higher up than Black Mirror or Gray Matter. I just hope it gets released some time in the future, even if it's years and years from now.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #17
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBo View Post
Is this game good?

I'd say the game is definitely worth picking up at that price.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #18
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBo View Post
Is this game good?

Would you ask other people's advice before spending @2.99 on a burger and some fries?

My advice: Make yourself a nice sandwich with a green salad and buy the game instead.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:07 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwi_mike View Post
For anyone who might be interested, it looks like Gamers Gate has Culpa Innata on sale for $4.99 as part of their 5 year celebration.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CI/culpa-innata
Anyone know if the Gamers Gate version is the "uncut" version?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #20

Quote:
Would you ask other people's advice before spending @2.99 on a burger and some fries?

My advice: Make yourself a nice sandwich with a green salad and buy the game instead.

Well when you put it like that, maybe I'll grab it.