You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #1

Default Game Information

Hey fellow adventure lovers...

I have been an active adventure gamer and collector since the 90'ties... And I am glad to say, that I have played or own a lot of them.

Recently I came up with the game 'The Romantic Blue', and I saw it's something very rare.... but also nothing can be found on screenshots or some review. At least, I could not find it... Does anyone have any information about this game? Who made it, what is is about?

Thank

Bastos
Old 11-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #2

Couldn't really find much on it myself, but from what I did find it actually seems a little interesting...

"Having learned the dark art of summoning from gypsies, Miranda continues to call strangers to her in an attempt to get help". Haha, those damn gypsies and their evil summoning powers. Can't trust them.

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 11-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #3

Heres some other stuff i found on it:

Cover:

Screenshot:
Old 11-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
Third Guy from Andromeda

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/romantic-blue
Old 11-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #5

Thank you for all the information.... I did see the mobygames entry, but sadly no screenshots there. The boxshot and screenshot from LexSleuther looks intresting.... will definitly try this one out...

L8r!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #6

I've never heard of it before, but it looks interesting.
Would you consider uploading some screenshots to Mobygames when you play it?
Old 12-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #7
Flatulent Philanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastos View Post
Hey fellow adventure lovers...

I have been an active adventure gamer and collector since the 90'ties... And I am glad to say, that I have played or own a lot of them.

Recently I came up with the game 'The Romantic Blue', and I saw it's something very rare.... but also nothing can be found on screenshots or some review. At least, I could not find it... Does anyone have any information about this game? Who made it, what is is about?

Thank

Bastos
Hi Bastos. There's a little bit of information on my AdventurePoint website. You may have already seen it though.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:49 AM   #8

Hi Bastos!

allgame has basically another description and the already shown box art and screenshots.
But indeed, this game is rather rare and therefore you won't find anymore substantial information about the game online. Since you already own the game I don't think you need a back shot of the box, but for all the other ones, here it is (though sadly not in a big enough resolution):

Regarding your question "Who made it?": Basically the guy behind the Last Half of Darkness series was responsible for it. He doesn't seem to like this old game of his, though...
If you can share more about the game, then please do so, it will be very appreciated!

Edit: I just saw that you called the boxshot intriguing. I guess that means you don't own the box with the plastic spiders in it? It's a rather funky extra...

Last edited by ozzie; 12-07-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #9

Hey Ozzie, thanks for the back of the box art. No, I do not own this game, yet.... but it looks an intresting game, so will try to find it.... or at least, put it on my 'wanted games' list...that's what I meant, by give it a try....

Thanks for the information.....
Old 12-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #10

Ah, I see now. Yep, that was a slight misunderstanding.
Well, good look finding it! Be prepared for competition, though. It's a much sought-after game in a small circle of hardcore adventure collectors. Also, see my signature.